Tylan powder in water question.

Rugbygainz

In the Brooder
Jan 2, 2018
Hello,
My flock has the mg illness and almost all of them are showing symptoms but they are all acting normal. My rooster and another hen both have bubbly eyes and today they had their first day of added tylan powder in drinking water.

Everywhere I read it says the treatment is around 1-5 days.. Now this is a very broad statement for me and as this is the first time I have had this disease in my flock I was wondering when I know I should stop and how long it normally takes for symptoms to reside.

I know it isnt always treatable but when should I see an improvement? I am very very busy at the wrong moment right now so if I could get an indication it would make it much easier to track any progressions.

Thank you

Hello,
My flock has the mg illness and almost all of them are showing symptoms but they are all acting normal. My rooster and another hen both have bubbly eyes and today they had their first day of added tylan powder in drinking water.

Everywhere I read it says the treatment is around 1-5 days.. Now this is a very broad statement for me and as this is the first time I have had this disease in my flock I was wondering when I know I should stop and how long it normally takes for symptoms to reside.

I know it isnt always treatable but when should I see an improvement? I am very very busy at the wrong moment right now so if I could get an indication it would make it much easier to track any progressions.

Thank you
Give the powder 2 days past cessation of symptoms. Note that they must drink enough water to consume 50 mg per pound per day. One teaspoon of powder = 2500 mg tylosin.

Questions...
How many in your flock?
Average weight of each bird?
How much do they drink?

Thanks for the replies. It has been two days so far.
I have a flock of 7
the hens are around 4 kg and the rooster is around 7 kg
In this weather they do not drink alot. It has been raining regularly for 2 months.
I have given around 2000 mg per 4 litres of water
@casportpony
Thanks for the replies both of you

Back
Top Bottom