Ugg...no heat!

turney31

Songster
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
palestine texas
Well our central Air/heat went out last night. Don't have a clue how we can afford to get it fixed. But I thought I would share how I am dealing right now.

My computer desk is in a small cubby in a living room corner. My DH lovingly calls it my NEST. Well I am in my NEST with a brooder lamp hanging on the computer desk.

It is toasty warm!
tongue.png

I know that in NY we have a assistance program called HEAP that if you are income qualified they can help you get your heat up and running or unit replaced depending on need. Check your government listings or google it for info.

The multiple uses of chicken equipment.
tongue.png

I'm way north of you and haven't even had my heat on yet this winter. I don't like to turn it on before Thanksgiving so we just rug up before then....ours could be broken down and I wouldn't even know it yet
smile.png

I am so spoiled.
roll.png
I do have a kerosene heater but need to go get some fuel.

I have a small electric heater in the bedroom because the Chihuahuas are cold.
th.gif
I use the brooder lamp.
tongue.png

When our furnace broke in January 2011 it was single digit temps.We camped out in the living room next to the gas fire place for 5 days till we could get a new furnace installed.I cried when I heard that baby fire up and felt hot air blow from the vents. My bedroom got down to 31 degree. We wore a lot of layers.

Poor chickens I knew what they were going through,and let me tell you I hated it.

Hope you get it fixed soon.

Back
Top Bottom