Uh oh... found an egg today! ... - A journal of sorts, from finding eggs to hatching them... Update

Picture was taken straight from the nest (R.I.P. one of the babies, momma kicked it out of the nest)

The three remain keets ( the lil guy on the far left of the picture was almost dead when I found him. After rubbing him for over an hour, and lots of prayers he has made a full recovery! We named him Miracle, after the Guinea x Chicken that a BYC'er owned.)

Okay Peepz, your turn honey! What color are my sweetie pies?

~ Aspen

Oohhhhhh those are adorable babies! Congrats on saving the miracle keet, lucky little keet! They are Violets... and will eventually feather out to a charcoal grey base/body color, with no pearling/dots or barring anywhere, just some little squiggly markings on some of their wing feathers. They will develop a pretty purple iridescent sheen on the chest, neck, top of the wings and back area that you can only see in certain light, from certain angles, and their primary wing feathers may develop a bronzy color as they mature.

Thanks for sharing! Way too cute!

Oohhhhhh those are adorable babies! Congrats on saving the miracle keet, lucky little keet! They are Violets... and will eventually feather out to a charcoal grey base/body color, with no pearling/dots or barring anywhere, just some little squiggly markings on some of their wing feathers. They will develop a pretty purple iridescent sheen on the chest, neck, top of the wings and back area that you can only see in certain light, from certain angles, and their primary wing feathers may develop a bronzy color as they mature.

Thanks for sharing! Way too cute!
Thanks, aren't they tho? That is what I ordered, Violet and Chocolate, eggs, but just checking to make sure. Awesome!

~ Aspen

I love violets! It's one of the colors I want to try and make over this next season or two. Congrats!

Peeps, I thought I'd drop in and say hi! Been a long time, I know. lol My chocolate/coral blue/blonde/ivory pen has been dropping eggs. Has about five in there now tucked back where I can't get them, and I've collected a few, too. I thought of you after that first laugh, realizing the guineas think this is 'spring' and time to start laying! Except, I do believe you were groaning while I am cheering and hope they'll keep it up! These may be my first eggs out of my chocolate girls!

LOL hiya Country... yep, I was definitely groaning. I have another Hen in another flock laying now too, so it's already starting, lol. My Mom is here for the week and she is taking home whatever eggs I've collected up to that point. I'm hoping to maintain my self control over my hatching addiction at least until mid-January, lol. As soon as my Chocolates start laying tho (no matter when they start)... IT'S ON!

Glad ya popped in, I miss your posts!
Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays to you, too! I will be stopping by more as we get hatching again, I'm sure. Can't wait to see what this coop just getting going produces for me! I am with you that chocolates just get green lighted! lol

Happy Holidays to you, too! I will be stopping by more as we get hatching again, I'm sure. Can't wait to see what this coop just getting going produces for me! I am with you that chocolates just get green lighted! lol

I'm a Chocolate fan, too, CC. It's PeepsCA's fault. I saw a picture of one of hers and I was hooked. I now have three Chocolate females and they're beautiful! Can't wait for them to start laying eggs for hatching in the spring. They're young still, but should give me my first eggs this year. Funfunfun.

hi, I'm from Europe. Poorly know English, so I'll be all explained in the dictionary, I hope that you will understand me without a problem, and now my little flock of guinea fowl, eggs, I do not carry because it is winter. I'm waiting for the reviews, I salute.

much: Coral Blue, Chockolate, Pearl, Bronze...

hmmm... Lawender?

Back
Top Bottom