Un-invited guest for breakfast

IonaFarm

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 13, 2010
I went out early a.m. to check on broody Betty. Eggs pipped last night! Haven't zipped yet.

Turned on lights on found two mice sitting on turkey food dish and having a wonderful breakfast. Unfortunately I don't appreciate
un-invited guest.

I know there is a food chain and they are a part of it, but I don't want mice droppings near my fresh eggs.

Any non-toxic ways of getting rid of these un-invited guests(pests)?

Battery operated mouse traps. They work great! Zap em to heaven! They can be reused over and over. One set of 4 AA batteries will kill 50 mice according to the package. No bait or poisoned mice to worry about. You can get them at places like Home Depot and such.
big_smile.png

I've bought some sticky boards, but haven't used them yet. A bit concerned with how to secure them so the birds can't get stuck, and don't look forward to moving them with rats attached.

Those sticky boards can be pretty nasty, I tacked one up in my attic, later that night I heard loud screetching then silence... By the time I checked on it an hour later, there wasn't a dead rat in sight just it's tail stuck to the board which the rat had gnawed off (plus a bloody mess).
sickbyc.gif

Yeah, sticky boards aren't really that nice to the animals that get stuck to them. They just literally get stuck and either starve slowly or you have to dispatch them when you check. I usually use snap or catch all traps if I don't stomp them or the cat eats them first.

Quote:
I always fold the sticky traps in to a triangle and use them in a blind set in their natural travel ways

Quote:
this too

Last edited:
glue traps are pretty strong..I work for a bank, and one of our branches is in the country with fields on both sides of it..well somehow the ppl. of the bank set some glue traps to catch some rats in the back room and lo and behold it caught 2 medium grown copperhead snakes.

Quote:
You kidding? is there really such a thing as a battery operated mouse trap? if so, I am getting one. I can put it in the places where I always see snakes, before I kill them anyways.

Back
Top Bottom