Un-invited guest for breakfast

D'Angelo N Va. :

Quote:
You kidding? is there really such a thing as a battery operated mouse trap? if so, I am getting one. I can put it in the places where I always see snakes, before I kill them anyways.

I don't know if it would work on a snake. There is like a little "maze" inside so the mouse can not get out once it gets in so it's only choice is to walk on the electric plate and get zapped. I guess it could get a snake but you would have to figure something to attact it to go inside. I use peanutbutter on the far end to get the mice to go in. They work really good on mice. I probably killed 20 or 30 in a three week period when they kept getting into my tack shed. I think they were nesting under it.​

Daily portion of carbonated cola works great. The sugar attracts the rodent(s) and the carbonation causes internal gas (which the rodent cannot pass). The results are self-explanatory.
Fred.

I tried the sticky traps. In the two days they were set out behind the garbage cans, hidden under and behind boards I caused the death of multiple crickets, one cockroach, one Carolina Wren, one large toad. No Rodents. A sparrow did escape after leaving a quantity of feathers.

Never again. Moving on to other methods. It'll help that one house next door is now occupied by caring people, but the farm with horse barns is still abandoned behind us.

Preventative methods I am working on: all possible food sources locked up at night: chicken feeder locked up, garbage can secured, no bird feeders. The vegetable garden however, seems a prime target - the few tomatoes not rotting before ripening are sampled extensively. blah! Clearing all possible shelter: mowing, trimming, weeding, moving all "projects" to the shed. One site says to store lumber and firewood 18 inches or more off the ground to discourage nesting. True? Can't eliminate water sources. Cat too old to hunt as much as in the past, and can't get replacements. Neighborhood ferals seem to be around though.

I'll try the Diet Cola one. Heard that around town, will see how that does.

Buckshot works for me
lol.png

I have used the snap trap with good results as we have them in the crawl and one of my old cars.After a while though I can not get the trap to *set*. I am looking into the jaw type traps that are like the T-rex ones used for mice ansd rats.Easy to set and release the carcass.I saw them at the feed store 2 for $6.

Back
Top Bottom