Unabsorbed egg yolk??? Ayam Cemani

So, I have 5 little AYAM cemani chicks. & there all healthy & happy. But I am questioning this little ones unabsorbed yolk sack still visible. This little cemani is extremely active eats & drinks a lot and just acts like actual chick like nothings wrong. I have her/him separated in a different cage. It can still see the other chicks and has its own food and water. And everyday I put some nelosporin on the yolk area so it won’t get afffected. But other than that the chick is very healthy & active. But I am wondering will this yolk sak dry up and fall off eventually???? So I can put him with his friends???
I’m sorry I’m so late to the party. I have a small flock of cemanis and have been hatching them for for a little while. I have had this happen to me, and I actually did nothing. I let him dry off in the incubator, put him in the brooder, and it dried up on its own. It sounds like you have it under control, he sounds like a little nugget 🐣🖤

So, I have 5 little AYAM cemani chicks. & there all healthy & happy. But I am questioning this little ones unabsorbed yolk sack still visible. This little cemani is extremely active eats & drinks a lot and just acts like actual chick like nothings wrong. I have her/him separated in a different cage. It can still see the other chicks and has its own food and water. And everyday I put some nelosporin on the yolk area so it won’t get afffected. But other than that the chick is very healthy & active. But I am wondering will this yolk sak dry up and fall off eventually???? So I can put him with his friends???
Did it ever fall off I have a baby this same way and haven’t got a answer myself. Is the chick doing well? Mine wants with the others so bad , breaks my heart it’s alone. As soon as this falls off I will put him with his brothers and sisters.

Did it ever fall off I have a baby this same way and haven’t got a answer myself. Is the chick doing well? Mine wants with the others so bad , breaks my heart it’s alone. As soon as this falls off I will put him with his brothers and sisters.
Yes, it works itself out, and all my babies do quite well. I haven’t lost one yet after hatch and had no health issues, unless you count excessive broodiness in all my hens 🤣

I had a chick with this once as well. I also did nothing, as the chick was hatched under my broody, and it eventually fell off. He grew up healthy and strong.

Yes, it works itself out, and all my babies do quite well. I haven’t lost one yet after hatch and had no health issues, unless you count excessive broodiness in all my hens 🤣
Sorry to have so many questions lol he is one week today and it’s really dry and hard. Sis you keep yours away from the other chics the whole time until it come off? He wants to be around the others so bad. I just don’t want the others pecking at it . I’m just afraid it will take weeks to go away.

Sorry to have so many questions lol he is one week today and it’s really dry and hard. Sis you keep yours away from the other chics the whole time until it come off? He wants to be around the others so bad. I just don’t want the others pecking at it . I’m just afraid it will take weeks to go away.
Oh no, I was talking maybe a day, not a week. I can imagine he is lonely 😯 Can you post a pic of what you are talking about?

Back
Top Bottom