Farmchickstogo

Chirping
Jul 17, 2021
20220701_221207.jpg

So, I had 5 old english game bantams in the incubator, hatch day is today. Today 3 of the 5 hatched. Just a few minutes ago the 4th hatched but it has a little bit of yolk sac still exposed. The chick is acting fine and it hatched completely on its own. I am going to leave it in the incubator overnight, and check in the morning, but I was wondering if anyone has advice on how to make it heal faster/how long it will take to heal.
Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
View attachment 3171295
So, I had 5 old english game bantams in the incubator, hatch day is today. Today 3 of the 5 hatched. Just a few minutes ago the 4th hatched but it has a little bit of yolk sac still exposed. The chick is acting fine and it hatched completely on its own. I am going to leave it in the incubator overnight, and check in the morning, but I was wondering if anyone has advice on how to make it heal faster/how long it will take to heal.
Thanks everyone!
how is it doing now?
Looks like there's some yolk left. Keep the chick separate to the others so they dont peck at it. And put the chick in a cup cushioned with dry paper towels, and leave in the incubator until it is absorbed. Keep it clean and dry. Hopefully the yolk will be absborbed within 24 hours, sometimes it takes a little longer depending on the size of the yolk.
Was this baby assisted?

how is it doing now?
Looks like there's some yolk left. Keep the chick separate to the others so they dont peck at it. And put the chick in a cup cushioned with dry paper towels, and leave in the incubator until it is absorbed. Keep it clean and dry. Hopefully the yolk will be absborbed within 24 hours, sometimes it takes a little longer depending on the size of the yolk.
Was this baby assisted?
The chick is still doing well, it looks like a little bit of the yolk was absorbed overnight, but a large majority of what was there last night is still out. This chick was not assisted at all, and there were three chicks that hatched before it that were completely fine. (Also all unassisted). Thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom