Unactive chick, chilling, what to do?

GhettoRoo

Songster
5 Years
Oct 7, 2014
Hello, So I see very well, mostly one in time, chick is acting unhealthy.
Unactive, mostly staying in one place.
Today one died, yesterday he was weak, staying, when drop down, he had hard time to get up.
What should I do with them?
I bought them 1-3 days old and add to mine chicks with broody hen. Let them die? Strongest survive..
Purebreeds.
Today they are 2.5 weeks old.

Last edited:
2.5 week olds shouldn't be dying like this, unless something extreme is going on. How's the weather and temperature? Are you sure they are getting enough feed and water? Are they on the correct feed (starter or medicated starter)? Are any of your other chickens exhibiting symptoms? Are the chicks/momma separate or still living with the rest of the flock?

If more die and there is no obvious cause, you should remove them from the hen and brood artificially, because it means the hen is the one doing something wrong.

2.5 week olds shouldn't be dying like this, unless something extreme is going on. How's the weather and temperature? Are you sure they are getting enough feed and water? Are they on the correct feed (starter or medicated starter)? Are any of your other chickens exhibiting symptoms? Are the chicks/momma separate or still living with the rest of the flock?

If more die and there is no obvious cause, you should remove them from the hen and brood artificially, because it means the hen is the one doing something wrong.
Last three days weather is too hot. Before the week was cold and rainy.
They are living next to rest of the flock, I had hatched chicks before, from my hen eggs, all healthy and good. And I have 18, three days old, so Im gonna look how they gonna grown up.
I say its just cus, those chicks are from incubator and from other flock, but I have few which grown up better.
I give them chicken starter, dont know if medicated, could be..
I had given them vitamins before, mby too much, chicks can die for getting too much vitamins?

Im giving them corn, chicken starter, grass valaines, vitamins, but im gonna stop give them vitamins.
Im trying to give as clean water as I could, but the always with hen get dirt in it.
How, own **** eating could affect them?
This is the badest what they could eat u know.. Mby in water with straws..

Back
Top Bottom