Underground RR Quilt Block

Ack! I will definitely be looking at my library too. I can't fathom paying that much for a book!! (I'm a bit of a closet book hoarder---library book sales are my weakness!) And those are playing in my margin too! It keeps buggering things up. No clue how to get rid of them though
hmm.png
I'm typically just a crazy quilter or block style. I've always wanted to use a pattern and make a quilt that way, so this is an awesome opportunity for me. And I simply love the fact that it's a "community" effort----like those old fashioned quilting circles but long distance style
smile.png

Yesterday throughout the day BYC kept coming up on my computer as "under construction" so I don't know what they were changing around, if anything at all, or if it was just my internet connectivity. No bueno. I like the fabric choices you posted, btw. You've got a challenging square! I'm excited to see how it turns out. I bet it will be beautiful with all of those color choices.
I designed a foundation paper piecing pattern that I hope will make it "doable" x 12. Still going to be a challenge though. I am drawn to the 3D look in both quilting and crochet.

katzdar~~if you do a search on code quilts you will find that jacobs ladder was used. The meaning was go up like a ladder, or continue north.

Ok. thought I had computer problems solved but now I keep getting a system error!!!
he.gif

I have been on her less than 10 minutes, and it has taken me out 3 times!! I reported it as it instructed. Hopefully they will get the problems fixed soon. It is in byc system I would think, since others are experiencing issues.

Got my new sewing machine today woo hooo but I go to work in the morning so not sure when over the next few days I'll get to try out the pattern, maybe tonight I'll get a start anyway.

Got my new sewing machine today woo hooo but I go to work in the morning so not sure when over the next few days I'll get to try out the pattern, maybe tonight I'll get a start anyway.

How exciting! What kind did you get? I have my old singer machine in which I love, but would like to have a few more deco stitches. I have a newer singer, but it is not a top of the line at all. I bought a serger this past spring as I was making costumes for our Easter drama at Church, but I only used the thread that it came with and I need to rethread it, but haven't made it that far!
big_smile.png
I haven't sewed anything since, that would require it. It is handy though.

It isn't an expensive one but this is it

I got a serger years ago when they first came out spent an obsene (for that time) amount of money and really didn't like it much.

I'd love to know what you bought, too :) I have a singer also. Love it. My mum bought it for me when I turned 18 and went to college, it's older, from early-mid century. DH, bless him, tried to do me a favor by giving it some TLC (it needed stripped an oiled down, as I hadn't done it in too long)...
idunno.gif
and it hasn't worked right since. I'll take it to my mum, who is amazing at repairing/restoring old sewing machines.

Back
Top Bottom