update 1yr 3 months

She is beautiful!!!!
droolin.gif
I am the same way with my Pyrenees....everyone thinks he is huge and I dont...but he is smaller than the norm
he.gif
I was hoping he would be bigger.....hopefully one day I will get me a Saint
fl.gif

Quote:
I think its because we become used to the size. Addy is quite a bit larger than my bull mastiffs now(heigth wise). They all seem like big dogs to me, but not huge. Then again I think I have a weird view of dog sizes. I consider most labs to be medium sized dogs, where every body else says large. I think my bullys are large, then saints, english mastiffs and Newfs to be giant. LAbs just don't look big to me.

Anways I was doing some reading on line. It seems to say that in giant breed dogs at 6 months of age they tend to be 50% of their adult weight (which puts Addy around 166), and I think it said 70% of their adult height. Oh well I guess I just wait and see.

Last edited:
My scale for dog size is as follows; 0-25 lbs=tiny, 26-50=small, 51-100=medium, 101-150=large, 151+ is extra large.

I have only ever had medium dogs, a golden, a doberman, and two malamute or husky mixes. I would like to step up to large or extra large in the future, the bigger the better!

She's a doll!
love.gif
I think I took hundreds of pictures of my Beauregard as he was growing up. Actually, he still is. At 220lbs, he's 3 1/2 years old and the breeder has been begging me to show him. He says he wont be fully mature for another 6 months
ep.gif
But somehow, my English Mastiff "Miso" who passed on just a few days before Christmas
hit.gif
seemed just as big as Beuregard. I think the Mastiffs massively dense bone structure has something to do with it. The long haired Saints are just huge, cuddly fur balls (with drool)
lau.gif

Is that Beauregard in your avatar? He is gorgeous! I love Addy, she has such a sweet natured dog but does seem to have a pretty high prey drive.. much higher than my Bullmastiffs, but she is learning. She is smart but has a stubborn streak.... I am so curious to see what her final size will be.. she is growing slow and steady now which is ideal!

@ discoveregg
ep.gif
I couldnt imgaine 220lbs..
th.gif
..I would love that though....I found a Newfoundland breeder and hers are around 175lbs...I thought that was huge!!!

@taraann81 we need updated pics of Addy....would love to see her now....
droolin.gif

wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

I'm so very excited!!!!! I finally got a purebred Saint pup!!!!! She reminds me of the 1/2 blood I had. I hope she turns out to be as good of a dog. She's 10 weeks old today and he had just lowered his price to $100 and we even got her papers for that. My daughter in law and I both got one. I'll post pictures if I can get some good ones of her. Unfortunately my husband wouldn't agree to her being an inside dog so she'll have to be outside most of the time....he says one 80+ dog and 6 cats in the house are enough. My two outside dogs don't seem to mind her.

ETA: If I get down on her level to take pictures she's in my face so these aren't the best of her. I weighed her and she's just shy of 25 pounds. In the last picture she's staring at one of my husky mixes who she's not sure if she should trust or not. She's very calm and laid back....she did find out that the barn cats weren't in the mood to play!

100_2380.jpg
100_2371.jpg
100_2370.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom