*UPDATE* Murray McMurray has me soooo angry

Status
Not open for further replies.
They just said that because it takes 3 days to ship to San Antonio, TX that it's unfair to the quail. Can't they overnight them or something? I paid A MONTH AGO!!! They only just called me about it today. I didn't even get to talk to anybody since they left a message. They just flat out said they cancelled my order and refunded my money. There's got to be a faster way to ship them to me, and in my opinion it should be at their expense. They've had a whole month to figure out they couldn't do this.

That's not to mention all the time and money I've spent on all the quail stuff.

Last edited:
Smells like BS to me!

There is no reason for that kind of thing to happen - they either had too many orders or something I bet!

I finally got to call the McMorons at McMurray's and here's what they said.

Them: Oh, it's taking 3 days for the quail to get to you and they'd be in bad shape.

Me: Can't you overnight them?

Them: We'll were trying to overnight them. They have to be overnighted but it's taking 3 days.

Me: How does overnighting take 3 days?

Them: It's really out of our hands.

Me: You had a whole month to call me, and you call yesterday when my quail are supposed to come next week. Why did you not tell me there was a problem before?

Them: Well this must be a problem that has come up just this month or we would have called sooner.

Me: You had 23 days in this month alone to tell me there was a problem!!!!

Them: It's really out of our hands.

Me: I've never had quail and had to go out and buy everything starting from scatch, knowing that the quail were to be delivered next week.

Them: That's unfortunate and we never like when this type of thing happens.

That's pretty much it. I really just wanted to yell at this lady, but I was so stupified as to how overnight shipping could take 3 days that I couldn't really say anything at all. My brain is STILL boggled over how overnight could be taking 3 days. What a load of crap!

If only Mypetchicken.com could expand and do mypetquail.com! They're such wonderful people at Mypetchicken.

It kills me about businesses that forget the customer! They get so big and act like it is "out of their hands". I'm not sure if it is a sign of the times, but when was the last time anyone had a big business accommodate them for a mistake the business made?

to be honest, i'd rather they did that then to go to the post office and find dead quail in my box. mcmurray usually doesn't take your money until a week before they send them out. i wonder why they took your money so early.

is elgin close to you? if so, i'd try xtremegamebirds.com. they are a family business and very nice people. they're usually out tending birds so it can take a while for them to return your call during the day but are very very nice people. i've ordered from them and will order from them again.

Believe me, I don't want dead quail either. The problem is they had a whole month to let me know there was a problem. Also, couldn't they find SOMEONE to get the quail to me overnight (FedEx maybe, I don't know)? If they had called me the day after I placed my order or even up to a week after I placed my order to tell me they weren't going to be able to do it, I wouldn't be mad about it. The thing is that it was so close to them being shipped and having ample time to tell me something. That is why I'm so mad. I'm totally against shipping any live animal during times when conditions are unfavorable, but I feel there was a lot more they could have done to try and keep me as a customer, which believe me, I am now never going to buy from them again.

I wonder if they had a bad hatch or too many orders. I've ordered from MM 3 times, and you are actually closer to them then I am...by almost 500 miles. I got mine 2 days after they shipped.
Maybe they think it's better to blame the PO then they don't have to explain why they screwed up...

What kind of quail are you looking for? And dont go with a big name hatchery look for gamebird breeders or gamebird farms. Much cheaper and about the same if not better quality stock. I will have Jumbo Cortunix next year if your interested then.
Good Luck hope it all works out!
smile.png

SAMcopy11.jpg

I'd be disappointed too but with the crazy weather we've had this summer perhaps they noticed they were having more bad deliveries than normal but hoped the weather would improve but when it didn't decided to cancel.

If they had received numerous complaints and requests for replacement from others in similar areas, they might have decided it was not worth you opening up a box of dead/sick birds.

In spite of the disappointment, look on the bright side, at least it appears they were more concerned for the birds than the $$$. Mary Ann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom