update***sneezing, wheezing, gurgling

litredhen

In the Brooder
11 Years
Nov 29, 2008
Vermont
I brought 2 chickens to the vet. He seems great?
Since the one's with most symptoms seems to be a little better he says we should wait a few more days and see how they do. If they seem to get worse he recommends antibiotics. He was not able to do a specific test /diagnosis, he said can't be sure with out a dead bird and a necropsy?
So I am waiting, feeding them super foods(blueberries, sunflower seeds, oatmeal with stuff, etc) and electrolytes. And see what happens
I spoke to him about VEt RX and he does not recommend? Says that the ingredients are irritants? So I don't know if I will go with him on that or not. I might try it anyway because so many chicken folk recommend it?
thanks sarah

vet RX is like vick for people. It helps break up conjestion. You can put some on their nostrils, or a few drops in the water.

I would start them on Powdered Tylan in the water, if you can find it in your area. Terrimycin is not good enough. You should always have Tylan on hand to nip a problem in the bud when something comes on. My feed store will order it for me and have it the next day. It comes in like a 100gm (I think) bottle and runs between $30-60.

Back
Top Bottom