Updated - Corid and Amprol (amprolium) Dosing

Pics
Thank you very much for all of your help. I am going to be checking out the site for cleaning, very much appreciated :)
We had the girls on the medicated feed for 2 months, I think the problem came with all of the rain & hot humid temps. Just so thankful we caught it in time and for this site! I was able to find out what the problem was and start medication right away.

1/2 tsp IS greater than 1/3 tsp. So, if you are dosing at 1/2 tsp, you are giving TOO MUCH corid, according to the table.

Due to some confusion on dose amounts regarding the powder, I decided to do some research and this is what I have so far. For those of you that use powder Corid, if you have been using 1/2 teaspoon per gallon (~270mg) you haven't been using enough.

The preventative dose (.006%) for Corid Powder is 1/3 teaspoon.
The preventative dose (.006%) for Corid liquid is 1/2 teaspoon.

The moderate outbreak dose (.012%) for Corid Powder is 3/4 teaspoon.
The moderate outbreak dose (.012%) for Corid liquid is 1 teaspoon.

The severe outbreak dose (.024%) for Corid Powder is 1.5 teaspoons
The severe outbreak dose (.024%) for Corid liquid is 2 teaspoon.
If you are referring to this, you will see that she is saying 1/2 teaspoon of powder is not enough for treatment (as opposed to prevention).

I used the 3/4 teaspoon for 6 days. After 3 days of Corid there was no more blood. So thankful all of our girls are fine. We did dispose of all eggs while on Corid and for 5 days after the last dose. So hard to do, but .... Thank you to everyone (again) for all of you advise. I may have lost my girls without it.

I used the 3/4 teaspoon for 6 days. After 3 days of Corid there was no more blood. So thankful all of our girls are fine. We did dispose of all eggs while on Corid and for 5 days after the last dose. So hard to do, but .... Thank you to everyone (again) for all of you advise. I may have lost my girls without it.
There is a study that says there is no need to dispose of the eggs while being treated with Corid.

-Kathy

There is a study that says there is no need to dispose of the eggs while being treated with Corid.

-Kathy

You are correct Kathy and mine says " no egg withholding " on the bottle but I read another study that says traces of amprolium are still present in the egg up to 48 hrs after the last dose. With that in mind I toss mine for 3-4 days, cause thiamine deficiency In humans can be nastier than that in chickens. Better to be safe than sorry.

I read that the eggs could be eaten then I read just as many posts that they should not. So I decided to be on the safe side and not eat them. Thank you though :)

Back
Top Bottom