Updated - Corid and Amprol (amprolium) Dosing

Pics
thank you so much for doing the math. I've got a young Buff rooster that I just cannot get well. I was so concerned about too much Corid that I wasn't giving him enough for a long enough time. thanks again-i taught English not math for obvious reasons.

thank you so much for doing the math. I've got a young Buff rooster that I just cannot get well. I was so concerned about too much Corid that I wasn't giving him enough for a long enough time. thanks again-i taught English not math for obvious reasons.
Welcome to BYC, and you're welcome! Do you have the liquid or powder?

-Kathy

Last edited:
Kathy, i finally found Fenbendazole here yesterday, but they didn't write the dosage for poultry, is it okay to use it for peafowls? And should i give them 0.2 ml per kg?

Last edited:
He's about 18 inches tall. His picture is my avatar. I'm treating him for Bumblefoot too. He was in pretty rough shape when I got him.

Thank you so very much for this information! I have 10 chicks ( 8 different breeds) aged 2 weeks to 32 days with one oddball who is 7 weeks. :) Yesterday morning I noticed bright red blood on the shavings in their brooder. I checked everyone's feet for cuts, rear ends, eyes/nose/mouth, and feathers and saw nothing. Everyone is eating and drinking and happy. Several hours later I found it again and repeated the exam process. I was baffled. Called the vet who was of very little help except to say divide them up to narrow down possibilities and that it was potentially respiratory. Right after breaking them up into 4 brooder bins I saw our 4 week old black copper Maran pass what looked essentially like a blood clot. No one else is having bloody stools and again everyone looked happy and were eating/drinking/pooping. I freaked out and researched and the diagnosis of coccidiosis was the closest thing I could find. The last chicks ( a now 7 week old cuckoo frizzled Polish and now 2 week old smooth Tolbunt Polish) were added to the flock a week and 2 days ago. Kind of surprised to see one of them that I have had for almost a month get sick.I keep my brooder very clean, change their drinking water 2-3 times a day and add probiotic ( sometimes electrolytes), and feed the H and H non gmo/no soy chick starter mixed with some Coyote Creek organic chick starter. I give the Highland organic starter out of my hand when I play with them. No bloody stools from the Maran since 9 pm last night ( that I could tell) and none from anyone else. Just to be safe I got the Corid solution and started them on it this afternoon. I decided to also treat our 11 day old Sebastopol goslings because they are in a brooder right next to the chicks and have gone out to the coop with them to play. I am giving 1/2 teaspoon in 1 quart of water and adding electrolytes. Hopefully everyone stays feeling well, these are our spoiled babies and we love each one! I really appreciate you taking the time to write all of the info out, it made figuring out the dosing a no-brainer which was very welcome to a worried chick mom!

Kathy, i finally found Fenbendazole here yesterday, but they didn't write the dosage for poultry, is it okay to use it for peafowls? And should i give them 0.2 ml per kg?
Sorry I missed this! That product has half the fenbendazole as Safeguard, so if you want to give 50mg/kg, you would give 1ml per kg, (0.1ml per 100 grams). -Kathy Edited to add: What are the other two ingredients?

Last edited:
Sorry I missed this! That product has half the fenbendazole as Safeguard, so if you want to give 50mg/kg, you would give 1ml per kg, (0.1ml per 100 grams).

-Kathy

Edited to add:
What are the other two ingredients?
Thanks, which two ingredients you mean? You mean the ingredients of this wormer? Or the wormers i had?

Back
Top Bottom