Updated - Corid and Amprol (amprolium) Dosing

Pics
Oh, okay. Darn... was hoping to have more people confirm powder doses, but still glad to have to here!

-Kathy

Sorry, there wasn't any in my store. Otherwise, it would be very easy for me to check the weight on it, I have a fairly accurate kitchen scale and an ULTRA accurate sub-gram scale.

I finished my second round of corid two days ago and I started pro bio and vitamin/electrolyte water. I am noticing the chicks are seeming like they have diarrhea...really wet poop. and they are acting tired again. I also noticed a bit of maybe intestinal lining again. Am I missing something here? Should I start the treatment again? Their bedding is clean and dry....dishes and waterer are cleaned constantly! I have noticed a few of them sneezing a few times...Maybe I am just paranoid. Is this normal a few days after the 2nd treatment is over?

I had a couple of chicks that sneezed because they had an allergy to the bedding. Maybe there is some kind of allergy going on with your chicks. You could also take a fecal sample to the vet to have it tested for something else beside coccidia.

I would get a poop sample to vet and have it checked for worms, coccidia, bacteria and yeast.

-Kathy

Thanks. When I started treating them originally I did have it tested. It did test positive for coccidiosis. Should I have them do it again to make sure it's gone and also to check for the other possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom