Updated - Corid and Amprol (amprolium) Dosing

Pics
Pretty sure I understand, but correct me now if I am wrong please. I am to mix 1tsp per gallon for my 3+ week old chicks who have started slowly showing symptoms and dying off? I have lost 6 out of 35, and the first few looked trampled when I found them and didn't think anything of cocci. The following week, 1 every couple days was dead in the morning. so I saw one acting tired, spoon fed it electrolytes, and planned to get corid into all chicks asap in the morning... needless to say the tired looking chick passed in the night :( but I want to stop this before it claims anymore, or affects my grown/teen chickens across the yard who I may just give the preventative dose as well. I have the dry powder 20% bag

Last edited:
gave 1 tsp/gallon, everyone is perking back up already. Think they came down with it when I took them outside a few times when it was hot out.

Last edited:
I mix one teaspoon per qt of Corid when mine show any symptoms. Usually I see a bit of blood in the feces or someone is in the corner with it's head drooped. I start treatment right then and go 5 days. No losses yet this year and this is the first year I have used Corid. Before now I was buying Sulfadimethoxine in the gallon jugs. Corid was cheaper and easier for me to get so I decided to try it this year.

I wish i would have acted sooner, but the first 3 deaths could have been squashing related too. Been 1 day and they are all eating better, and way more active. It looked like retirement home in there yesterday morning, now it looks like a brooder again!

Last edited:
Should i give my full grown chickens a treatment too? (Will be a lot tougher cuz they share a few water dishes with our runner ducks too. (Large free range area)

gave 1 tsp/gallon, everyone is perking back up already. Think they came down with it when I took them outside a few times when it was hot out.
The powder dose is no less than 1.5 teaspoons for a severe outbreak, and the liquid dose is 2 teaspoons per gallon.

-Kathy

Is there another product to give to get rid of cocc? I had 6 of my young chickens that I hatched die on me within the past three days. I'm super depressed right now. I gave them 1.5 teaspoon per gallon in their water and also gave directly into their mouth. I didn't have a syringe like tool but just gave it to them with a spoon. I don't think this liquid Corid worked at all for them.

Back
Top Bottom