Updated - Corid and Amprol (amprolium) Dosing

Pics
Thanks so much for all this information Kathy. And read through a few pages of blogs following ... all very helpful, thank you all!
As I suspect one of our hens died of coccidiosis I want to treat the rest of the chickens, who I'm very glad to say are looking and behaving just fine at the moment ... I think maybe as she always appeared the weakest ex-bat out of the lot of them she my also have picked something else up and the cocci then got hold of her? In any case, glad that I can treat the others without worrying if it will harm them as they don't appear that they require it.

My question really is, regarding the preventative measure, how often should I administer the corid please?
From the start of caring for chickens 7 months ago have constantly added DE feed grade to their quality layers crumble, ACV with garlic regularly in their water (although they do free range so enjoy mucky water too(!), and now add crushed, fresh garlic every day. Another question sorry ... what is classed as "medicated" food please? Would it include the DE that I add to the crumble, and if this is the case then I guess during the 5 day treatment I should give only their crumble?

Many thanks in advance.
Kind regards, Kirsty

I recently got some 2 year old Rhode island red hens. One of them came to me with runny white pop. About a week later a second hen had white runny pop. They are missing feathers on their butts
1f61e.png
. I got some 9.6% liquid Corid and put it in the water. They are free range during the day locked in the coop at night. They have had the medicated water for 7 days now and they are a little bit better. I haven't noticed any blood in their pop, they are eating and drinking like normal, and not lethargic at all. I didn't know that the Corid should be added to the water every day. Since I only changed their water and added fresh medicine twice during the 7 days should I keep medicating there water charging it everyday?

What is the determining factor between moderate and severe outbreak ?

whether one or more of your chickens is suspected of coccidosis or showing symptoms ?

Thanks !
m

What are the odds of saving a chick after it is showing signs of infection? Pale, Puffed up but still eating and drinking?

I have lost two chicks 6weeks and 7 weeks with at least 5 others showing symptoms. Dosing with 9.5 cc Corid per gallon since yesterday after the first death.

Chickens for 3 years and raising nearly 100 chicks the past 2 years and this is my first ever losses due to illness
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom