Updated - Corid and Amprol (amprolium) Dosing

Pics
Thank you, thank you, thank you! My flock of 5 just came down with coccidiosis, one is very ill and had bloody stool. Others have normal color but runny stool and some other symptoms. Separated really sick one and bleached coop. Husband just plucked up corid and am starting treatment as soon as he gets here with out. This info is VERY helpful! Hoping and praying for the best for my girls!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! My flock of 5 just came down with coccidiosis, one is very ill and had bloody stool. Others have normal color but runny stool and some other symptoms. Separated really sick one and bleached coop. Husband just plucked up corid and am starting treatment as soon as he gets here with out. This info is VERY helpful! Hoping and praying for the best for my girls!
No need to separate that chick unless the others are picking on it.
How are they doing now..you have started the Corid already right?

No need to separate that chick unless the others are picking on it.
How are they doing now..you have started the Corid already right?
Gave the sickest one Corid by dropper as she want drinking, next morning had total turnaround! Wanted back with others and wasn't lethargic. She also no longer has bloody stool. Atm so happy because only way to get medicine around us is to take tho vet. Thought I was going to lose my whole flock! Luckily my husband works pretty far away and was able to get some. Amazing stuff! Thank you for asking about my girls

Gave the sickest one Corid by dropper as she want drinking, next morning had total turnaround! Wanted back with others and wasn't lethargic. She also no longer has bloody stool. Atm so happy because only way to get medicine around us is to take tho vet. Thought I was going to lose my whole flock! Luckily my husband works pretty far away and was able to get some. Amazing stuff! Thank you for asking about my girls
Great! I am glad to hear they are getting better with the Corid!
Congrats!

Has anyone ever had chicks displaying signs of vitamin deficiency from corig? One of the chicks goes have curled up and she's acting lethargic and now another one looks like she has Parkinson's. They have been on amprolium for 5 days now in a liquid concentrate from the vet so I just follow the directions on the bottle.

Has anyone ever had chicks displaying signs of vitamin deficiency from corig? One of the chicks goes have curled up and she's acting lethargic and now another one looks like she has Parkinson's. They have been on amprolium for 5 days now in a liquid concentrate from the vet so I just follow the directions on the bottle.
I have given huge amounts and haven't had any issues, but it is possible. What does the poop look like?

Back
Top Bottom