UPDATED (photos)!!Virgin Birth/can bunnies do it thru hardware cloth?

Quote:
Edited to add that Mom posted as I was typing - yeah, what she said! LOL

It can be induced in a lab but there are no known live births where rabbits actually survived. I think with Pincus there was one birth but it died shortly after birth.

My wire haired doxie/aussie mix is a product of a mating through a cylone fence.

The aussie breeder was not happy when her female had wire haired long puppies from the neighbors wired haired doxie
lol.png
I am though.. cuz I love my little wire haired merle weenie
tongue.png

Those doxie's are persistent.. my other dog is a lab/weenie!

Nancy

Quote:
As long as the other rabbits don't start a religion around any of her babies... that could get complicated
wink.png

Pat

I just watched a program that examined the history behind the Davinci Code. I am not so sure about all that Immaculate stuff. I am REALLY SURE that my bunny was active, more than religiously.

farmin'chick :

Also, rabbits are one species that can reproduce by parthenogenesis -- that is, without a male. If they do, all babies will be does.

lau.gif
gig.gif

that has got to be the silliest thing I have ever read!

not once in 20 years have I ever had a rabbit go through something like that.
amphibians yes never a mammal.

some one may not have necessarily been the culprit. at fairs cages are hooked togther and not always is there a devider between them.you have to concider the size of a bucks penial attachment.
1/4 x/1/2 wire is notsmall enough to keep breeding from happening.

I one time had a girl call me all upset because her rabbit had babies, ok I can understand that , but her accusation was I sold her a pregnant rabbit
No I did not You have had the rabbit for 4 months, the rabbit when I sold it was 8 weeks old,
do you have another rabbit in the house,
ans- yes its another female,
ok how close are the cages,
ans- dont matter its a female,
ok pick up the other rabbit not the one with babies,
ans: ok ,
flip it on its back, what do you see?
ans: tumors:
tumors? yeah there are 2 tumors.
child, the rabbit does not have tumors its a male, now how close are the cages?
ans: right up against each other.
case solved, no divider, one buck ,one doe, 8 babies,
recomendations:
Move the cages or put up dividers LOL.

Oh and I love the ones who say they never bred the rabbits, lol it always kills me when they call back and tell me a sibling thought the rabbits needed to have a play date.​

Back
Top Bottom