Bunny pen

Jenessa_096

Crowing
Jul 14, 2021
Molalla, Oregon
Hey! So I just put out this set up for my bunnies and have been perfecting it for the last two days but I have a couple questions. It’s a 4x4 attached square but the actual cage is 4x2. Is that big enough for my two 3 month old lionhead bunnies? I have watched them for those two days and they have never even tried to jump out and they even went outside in that cage for a couple hours with no problems jumping over because it’s only 2 feet tall. I did try to ask my dad about free roaming them in the office but he said no again so we bought this cage instead. Also, what kind of enrichment can I give them? I saw the cat scratchers at my tractor supply and heard those were good toys even though they have cardboard on the floor. I need some toys that will make them less destructive. On that note they keep chewing the blankets and mats on the floor, and peeing on them. Does that have to do with boredom? Last but not least I am still figuring out how to use my litter box. I just put hay in there and change it every day. What kind of bedding should I use in there? Can I use unscented cat litter? Also I have heard that puppy pads make it easier to clean out. If I use all that will I still have to clean it everyday? Because according to Lennon the Bunny she changes hers about every 2-3 days. Thanks for reading looking forward to reading your responses! ❤️🐰

Attachments

• 24165F1D-70C9-4C6D-BCBD-0CB420E229E5.jpeg
    24165F1D-70C9-4C6D-BCBD-0CB420E229E5.jpeg
    601.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 17210793-C38C-4D3A-995B-36C5920D0A1C.jpeg
    17210793-C38C-4D3A-995B-36C5920D0A1C.jpeg
    520.7 KB · Views: 2
  • D90A295B-32F2-415D-A7BD-AD03B2D8CC37.jpeg
    D90A295B-32F2-415D-A7BD-AD03B2D8CC37.jpeg
    634.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 64134058-A6BD-4850-B12C-FE438A939FA7.jpeg
    64134058-A6BD-4850-B12C-FE438A939FA7.jpeg
    647.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 3BFBB494-6F77-44EE-BED5-D0422F6ED176.jpeg
    3BFBB494-6F77-44EE-BED5-D0422F6ED176.jpeg
    616.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 66732549-D74A-4E48-A241-C8881EA81C24.jpeg
    66732549-D74A-4E48-A241-C8881EA81C24.jpeg
    640.6 KB · Views: 4
I wouldn't use clay cat litter. My rabbit tried to eat hers and it apparently can cause impactation 😬
I use wood pellets for Angeline. They're cheaper than a lot of cat litter, which is a bonus.
Got any sticks laying around your yard? I have some in Angeline's cage for her to chew on.

I wouldn't use clay cat litter. My rabbit tried to eat hers and it apparently can cause impactation 😬
I use wood pellets for Angeline. They're cheaper than a lot of cat litter, which is a bonus.
Got any sticks laying around your yard? I have some in Angeline's cage for her to chew on.
Oh yeah when I let them out they always chew on random sticks! 😂

Your setup is looking great!

Like Isadora said, don't use cat litter since it contains clay which can be fatal if ingested. You can use paper hamster and rabbit bedding, or you can use wood pellets. @Kiki uses pelleted pine litter and it's been working great.

Cat scratchers, cat tunnels, cardboard boxes, etc. are all great enrichment. Toy can be made out of cardboard rolls and tubs, and you can stuff them with hay. Here's some videos on how to make some
I've also cut and braided paper bags to make toys out of, and using cardboard scraps I've put them on a string of twine and rabbits love them. I'll see if I can find some pictures. They were like this
Rabbits also love pinecones, but be sure to put them in boiling water to rid of any harmful insects or parasites that could be in it.
Willow and apple wood sticks also make great chews and can be purchased from Amazon, petco, or Small Pet Select.

Switch out and rotate the toys every so often to keep it new and exciting for them. That way they won't become board of them easily and you won't have to make or buy new toys all the time.

Hey! So I just put out this set up for my bunnies and have been perfecting it for the last two days but I have a couple questions. It’s a 4x4 attached square but the actual cage is 4x2. Is that big enough for my two 3 month old lionhead bunnies? I have watched them for those two days and they have never even tried to jump out and they even went outside in that cage for a couple hours with no problems jumping over because it’s only 2 feet tall. I did try to ask my dad about free roaming them in the office but he said no again so we bought this cage instead. Also, what kind of enrichment can I give them? I saw the cat scratchers at my tractor supply and heard those were good toys even though they have cardboard on the floor. I need some toys that will make them less destructive. On that note they keep chewing the blankets and mats on the floor, and peeing on them. Does that have to do with boredom? Last but not least I am still figuring out how to use my litter box. I just put hay in there and change it every day. What kind of bedding should I use in there? Can I use unscented cat litter? Also I have heard that puppy pads make it easier to clean out. If I use all that will I still have to clean it everyday? Because according to Lennon the Bunny she changes hers about every 2-3 days. Thanks for reading looking forward to reading your responses! ❤️🐰
Do you know what foam poster boards are?

Give me an hour And I'll show you why I asked if you know what the foam poster boards are.
I think you should cover half of that setup with foam poster boards as a roof.
It would make them feel more secure.

Your setup is looking great!

Like Isadora said, don't use cat litter since it contains clay which can be fatal if ingested. You can use paper hamster and rabbit bedding, or you can use wood pellets. @Kiki uses pelleted pine litter and it's been working great.

Cat scratchers, cat tunnels, cardboard boxes, etc. are all great enrichment. Toy can be made out of cardboard rolls and tubs, and you can stuff them with hay. Here's some videos on how to make some
I've also cut and braided paper bags to make toys out of, and using cardboard scraps I've put them on a string of twine and rabbits love them. I'll see if I can find some pictures. They were like this
Rabbits also love pinecones, but be sure to put them in boiling water to rid of any harmful insects or parasites that could be in it.
Willow and apple wood sticks also make great chews and can be purchased from Amazon, petco, or Small Pet Select.

Switch out and rotate the toys every so often to keep it new and exciting for them. That way they won't become board of them easily and you won't have to make or buy new toys all the time.
Thanks for the tips! I have some toilet paper rolls that I think would be great for some of these crafts. I think I’ll go buy some puppy pads to place underneath the hay because the hay is soaking in their pee and they don’t want to eat it.

Back
Top Bottom