Updated Pics Of My Green Peacock!

Looks like my boy but how did you get him to pose like that. What do you feed your peafowl? The yellow/gold in his face is so vivid. Beautiful!!!! Do you have a female? Pictures? I'm going to try to get some good photos as soon as we get some sunshine.

droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif

Oh man that green of yours is getting prettier and prettier! I am so jealous lol! Great closeups too. So didn't you get this guy from Jeannie? Are you still trying to find a hen for him? He is just lovely I wish I would get to see more photos of people's green peafowl on this forum so seeing this topic was a nice rare treat.

MinxFox
Yea thats the one I got from jeannie and finally his growing a train. It seems like i've been waiting forever! Still haven't found him a green hen yet tho last year i got 1 baby spalding out of the bunch and this summer I plan to breed him with my silver pied hens. I'll def post more pics when his train gets a bit longer and hopefully pics of him dancing for the ladies this summer.

Bdfive
I feed my birds a mixture of sweet feed, crack corn, gamebird feed and catfish pellets. I still can't find a green hen locally yet, hopefully something will turn up soon.

I just bought my second green peahen I'll eventually put with the one 2011 hatch male. I don't understand it...his mom and pop eat from my hand and are sweethearts but he is a wild Indian. All I can think of is I had to catch him once to doctor a toe and clean dried blood off his face from him scratching it with the bleeding toe. I don't think he ever forgave me, LOL!!! If I'm fortunate enough to hatch more 100% Green I'll handle them almost daily so they'll be used to it. SO....I have 2 unrelated pair now. What I really love are my 75% Green. They are so social and underfoot pecking me, grabbing things out of my hand, jumping up and grabbing. They are so much fun.

Any chance you ever get over to the San Antonio, TX area? A friend and I just bought Green peafowl from Burt that is giving up the hobby. I'm not sure if he has any more females left but could ask. We're paying only $100 per bird. I bought the Green hen and a IB Silver white eye male and hen. Most of the birds are 2 years old, some older. He also has Purple, BS, Cameo and I think he said Oaten. All $75 to $100.

Thanks for info on your feed. I collect the paper feed bags which there aren't many of anymore. Mills are going to plastic. I saw a Catfish feed bag I'd like to hang with the rest in our Barn on the wall. I'll pick up a bag next time I'm at Mummies Feed Store. Are you using the horse Sweet Feed? What percentage roughly added to their gamebird feed? Hey!, thanks a lot.

Back
Top Bottom