*UPDATED PICS* unknown bantam! PLEASE help!

ozarkchicks

Songster
6 Years
Mar 25, 2013

I know he/she came from Estes hatchery but I got him out of an assortment. There's no feathers on the legs. In the second picture it's standing by my Welsummer.

Last edited:
Not likely Dutch from a hatchery. Be happy with the little one--when it is feathered and 3-4 months old, will be easier to know its breed/sex? Enjoy!

Last edited:

New pics now about two weeks old! Any new opinions??? please
big_smile.png

I'm thinking Old English Game but just wanted to see if opinions changed with the new pics
smile.png
thank you your chicks are adorable

So interesting to watch the color-feathers developing! It is "Wild color", which is the pattern of a number of bantam breed chicks. So you must wait for other things to express: leg color, length, then hackle and saddle color (this looks like a pullet, wild color, but never truly certain until-- if a boy, it crows!) and tail shape, general body shape......in any case, what a dear bantam chick! OEGB is offered at most hatcheries and most likely, but other breeds may express as it grows! And yes, Dutch Bantam, wild color chicks, do have the chipmunk stripes, but have a darker band along the edge of a brown head stripe. Be patient and Enjoy....

Back
Top Bottom