upside down fire building for wood heat.

Quote:
I'm obsessed with my woodstove! and chickens, and dogs, and now I'm about to start archery!
woot.gif

I love love love my traditional bows....Longbow and a Recurve fabulous addiction

Paper on the TOP??? I'm not sure exactly how the large wood at the bottom would ignite, but I'll re-read the article and try it!

Yep, that is right! As the paper knots burn they fall into the kindling, and as the kindling burns, it falls into the logs. It sounds wrong, I know, but this is truly the latest and greatest thing to happen to a wood fire in a very long time!

video (kinda long but worth it): http://www.woodheat.org/images/Video/StoveOp.wmv

I love love love my traditional bows....Longbow and a Recurve fabulous addiction

Nice! I'm starting lessons tomorrow!​

Moabite, that video was worth the download. Very interesting and informative, well worth watching. Can't wait to try some of those techniques on my next fire!

Thanks!
smile.png

This is starting my third season with wood heat. So it is fair to say I'm still a little green. I found that video while searching for woodshed plans and I had the same reaction.

Quote:
I use paper grocery bags to collect small chips after I split wood, bark pieces, and small twigs that I don't want to waste. Then I roll the top of the bag down and stuff it in the stove.

Dead standing wood is great. You have an ideal setup there.

I planted some pinon pine seeds I got off Ebay once but nothing ever came of them. I wanted to get the pine nuts from our yard instead of Costco. Do you ever try to collect them to eat?

Moabite, you sound like my DH. We put a wood stove in the basement of our new house, and it's his favorite toy in the wintertime! He talks about that stove all the time.

Interesting video. Now that our stove is started, it more than likely will be going until spring, but if we get a warm day or two and I let it go out I might have to try it and see how it works. We've been heating our old farmhouse with a woodstove for the last 33 years. I hate to think how much wood we've burned over the years.

Back
Top Bottom