Urgent! We lost a duck to a unknown predator that took three chickens and one duck before!!!!!!

Apr 13, 2022
Central New York
Help! Our duck Walnut was lost to a preadtor today. We came outside to the sound of our dog violently barking, and after counting all of the ducks, they were all there. An hour later, she went missing. Some of her feathers are spewn across the yard, but there’s no trace of blood or any other signs of struggle. We had a predator that over the past three years, have killed three chickens, and one duck. Possibly walnut added to the list of dead birds. Does anybody have any idea on what this could be, we have hawks, but shouldn’t there be a pile of feathers? She was broody as of yesterday, so could she have gone off to lay a clutch of eggs?

Attachments

• E2E9AD9B-03B3-4E7D-B3EC-E5F9BCA5064E.jpeg
    E2E9AD9B-03B3-4E7D-B3EC-E5F9BCA5064E.jpeg
    556.6 KB · Views: 21
This same thing happened to me last summer, I had a bunch of chickens disappear except for a few feathers. Turned out to be a fox. Beware though, if it is a Fox that you are dealing with, they are smart and it will be back! Speaking from experience. I know this reply is late, but hopefully it can still help a little. So sorry for your loss

Back
Top Bottom