Utah!

Quote:
By chance did you get a new chicken? Or, did you let someone that has chickens walk where your chickens do? You would be surprised at the upper respiratory illness that can be brought in that way. A chicken that you've bought, that looks well, but is a carrier. Someone carrying it in on their shoes. When I have people over to buy a chicken, I have them wait at the gate while I get the chicken if I haven't already got it in a kennel for someone that really wants to take it home.
Upper respiratory meds...many out there, many that some folks swear by. But have to say, the one that I like best to have on hand for any type of infection..example, I just finished treating a girl with bumble foot...anyway.. Denagard! Expensive, but well worth the price. Can only buy it on the internet. I will see if I can find that site. You may want to treat them every other month just for preventive. I do.
smile.png
As they say, chickens don't get colds, but upper respiratory problems...I say..say what? What's the difference? Oh well..
hide.gif

Hope this works... http://www.thepoultrysite.com/focus/novartis-animal-health/2281/denagard-premix-for-poultry-denagard-premix-the-right-choice-from-novartis-animal-health

Look up things said about it here on BYC, type in Denagard treatment, you will find a lot of different posts.. nicest thing about this medication, is that it does not have a withdrawal period to wait on before you can eat the eggs.

Last edited:
This week we found a kitten and lost the kitten, due to too much love from the puppy. Anyway I have a little girl that wants a kitten she wants one that is 2mos or younger and not orange (becaue everyine else has an orange cat and her must be different.) If you have or know anyone who has kittens for free please let me know so I can find DD her purrfect kitten.

I am in West Valley City. Glad to know of others in chickens.
Just purchased two beautiful partridge cochins from someone in
Clearfield that was moving. Now, I am in love with the breed.
Does anyone know of a Cochin breeder in Utah or close?

Bonnie
W.V.C.
Owner of 3 Black Copper Marans, 1 Black Orpington, 1 Delaware, 1 Barred Rock and now the 2 new Partridge Cochins
Will it ever end?

Quote:
By chance did you get a new chicken? Or, did you let someone that has chickens walk where your chickens do? You would be surprised at the upper respiratory illness that can be brought in that way. A chicken that you've bought, that looks well, but is a carrier. Someone carrying it in on their shoes. When I have people over to buy a chicken, I have them wait at the gate while I get the chicken if I haven't already got it in a kennel for someone that really wants to take it home.
Upper respiratory meds...many out there, many that some folks swear by. But have to say, the one that I like best to have on hand for any type of infection..example, I just finished treating a girl with bumble foot...anyway.. Denagard! Expensive, but well worth the price. Can only buy it on the internet. I will see if I can find that site. You may want to treat them every other month just for preventive. I do.
smile.png
As they say, chickens don't get colds, but upper respiratory problems...I say..say what? What's the difference? Oh well..
hide.gif

Hope this works... http://www.thepoultrysite.com/focus/novartis-animal-health/2281/denagard-premix-for-poultry-denagard-premix-the-right-choice-from-novartis-animal-health

Look up things said about it here on BYC, type in Denagard treatment, you will find a lot of different posts.. nicest thing about this medication, is that it does not have a withdrawal period to wait on before you can eat the eggs.

I can atest to the withdrawl period woes. We treated ours with duramycin from IFA (where they really don't seem to know a whole lot about chickens) and now we are in the last week of withdrawl. It seemed to take care of the problem for now, no one is sneezing anymore and no runny noses (who knew chickens would get runny noses?!). Next time I'm definatly going the internet route for meds. Thanks for the denagard tip!!

And by the way Cynthia12, about the hatchery comment - I'm not looking right now to get more birds but I'm just thinking of the future. I'll keep you in mind for down the road!!! It's great to know of some local chicken experts and breeders. Thanks!!

Quote:
Salt Lake County Animal Services is having an emergency pet adoption this weekend. They have too many cats. My understanding is that you pay what you can and you don't have to pay anything. I'm sure there will be a great selection of kittens of all ages there.
smile.png

Here's a link to their FB page where they have more information. http://www.facebook.com/slcoanimalservices

so today i saw a store in sandy off of 700th east and about 9000th south that has wild bird stuff and organic chicken feed/scratch and all i can say is i am very impressed! you can buy it by the lb or buy it by the bag. they have tons of different kinds of bird seed, they even have these wreath looking things made out of seed so i thought it would look cute hanging on the door of the coop. yeah i had a lot of fun there today! does anyone else shop at this store? it is just a little store in a strip mall but i thought it was cool
smile.png

That's so fun! Do you remember the name of the store? I want to check it out. Anyone know where else to get good layer feed around here besides IFA? I am also kind of interested in mixing my own but I don't know where to buy grains etc. for it. The wreath idea is very attractive...for the holidays:) Right now we have a deer rack on top of our coop - he he. A wreath would be more festive for sure!

Quote:
i think it was called ronies wild bird stuff, she also owns an exotic bird store that is next door. they have a bunch of bins with all kinds of grains, peanuts and such. i like how you can buy as little as you like and you can also get big bags of it. i get a lot of food at cal-ranch and i like it but its nice to have this store and i will be buying a lot from them. i think the prices are great too.
smile.png
the wreaths are awesome and i just had to have one
big_smile.png

Quote:
smile.png
hide.gif

Thanks Cynthia

Back
Top Bottom