Utah!

Well, my husband has been quite annoyed with the extra chores and smells that bringing all those chickens home from the show brought with them. :( We're really too busy to keep up with 3 additional pens. We've decided we need to stick with LF and friendly, fluffy things and less roosters until we have our own place and less neighbors. If anyone's interested in modern game bantams, I'd be happy to sell them to someone on here for the price I paid for them at the Utah Fancy Poultry Association fundraiser auction which was a steal for quality show birds. The brown reds were blue ribbon winners. The birchens are still really young birds. Both are are trios - 1 rooster & 2 hens.

I lost my favorite hen today
1f61e.png
DH went to the gas station for a minute and came back to find her hit in the road. Our yard is one acre and she's never that far up our property, especially not alone and in the road. I think either a dog or a person was back there messing with them. I'm so sick of losing my babies
1f622.png

ETA: my favorite turkey, Betty, is gone too. Found her feathers all over the yard. I found feathers from the duck too and thought all three were gone, but she is hiding under our box van. So at least I didn't lose all three. I wonder if someone's dog has been coming in the yard, because another of my turkeys started limping a few days ago. Gall!

I'm so sorry! It's so hard when it's a favorite!

I lost my favorite hen today
1f61e.png
DH went to the gas station for a minute and came back to find her hit in the road. Our yard is one acre and she's never that far up our property, especially not alone and in the road. I think either a dog or a person was back there messing with them. I'm so sick of losing my babies
1f622.png

ETA: my favorite turkey, Betty, is gone too. Found her feathers all over the yard. I found feathers from the duck too and thought all three were gone, but she is hiding under our box van. So at least I didn't lose all three. I wonder if someone's dog has been coming in the yard, because another of my turkeys started limping a few days ago. Gall!
I'm so sorry to hear that. Glad your duck is OK. Hope you find out what's doing it.

for boss i find cal ranch normally has it for much cheaper than anywhere else i have found. but last time i needed it cal ranch was out and was not expecting any for a week so i had to go with ifa.

red i am so sorry :( hope you can catch whatever is doing it! i am sure you know that if needed you could legally shoot the dogs but i know that is not a easy thing to do. i am so sorry. you have the worst luck when it comes to this stuff. what about a electric fence? might work to keep the dogs out but i know those are not cheap. i think harbor freight has a cheap solar charger.

Thanks bird man for the pointer on the BOSS, I will give them a try next time I go to town. With the middle of the month upon us, I suppose it is time to think about fall and Halloween. We put up the corn stalks and got a lighted jack-o-lantern for under the hanging planter and just trying in general to enjoy the nice fall weather we are having. I have been working on a all weather dust bath house for the girls… I hope to get it painted and deployed, perhaps by the end of the week, we will see.

On the ACV with Mother, for use on warts, do you just drink it, or is it a topical application? I got some today and soaked up the white part of a band-aid and gave that a go. I'll report if I see any improvement, I would sure like to get rid of that thing. I did not see any ratio or dose amount for it on the label, if one is to ingest it. Don't want to over do the meds.

Anyway a beautiful bright blue sky today with my yellow turning leaves, and cool enough to please me, I don't like the hot part of summer. Trying to take my own advice and get some needed projects done… the cold eventually does show up.

Best to all and your birds,

RJ

Last edited:
Red I just saw your troubles of the day, so sorry for you.
sad.png
I also hope you find out what the heck is going on out there, while you are away. Something is definitely wrong and or going on. I do not know how you can stand these mystery things. We are sending good vibes your way. Perhaps you need a web cam or other such watching the place, then you would know at least what it is you are dealing with. Are you moving to Delta soon? A new setup in new digs would perhaps do wonders for you and your birds,

RJ

Thanks bird man for the pointer on the BOSS, I will give them a try next time I go to town. With the middle of the month upon us, I suppose it is time to think about fall and Halloween. We put up the corn stalks and got a lighted jack-o-lantern for under the hanging planter and just trying in general to enjoy the nice fall weather we are having. I have been working on a all weather dust bath house for the girls… I hope to get it painted and deployed, perhaps by the end of the week, we will see. On the ACV with Mother, for use on warts, do you just drink it, or is it a topical application? I got some today and soaked up the white part of a band-aid and gave that a go. I'll report if I see any improvement, I would sure like to get rid of that thing. I did not see any ratio or dose amount for it on the label, if one is to ingest it. Don't want to over do the meds. Anyway a beautiful bright blue sky today with my yellow turning leaves, and cool enough to please me, I don't like the hot part of summer. Trying to take my own advice and get some needed projects done… the cold eventually does show up. Best to all and your birds, RJ
Beautifully decked out coop!

Thanks bird man for the pointer on the BOSS, I will give them a try next time I go to town. With the middle of the month upon us, I suppose it is time to think about fall and Halloween. We put up the corn stalks and got a lighted jack-o-lantern for under the hanging planter and just trying in general to enjoy the nice fall weather we are having. I have been working on a all weather dust bath house for the girls… I hope to get it painted and deployed, perhaps by the end of the week, we will see. On the ACV with Mother, for use on warts, do you just drink it, or is it a topical application? I got some today and soaked up the white part of a band-aid and gave that a go. I'll report if I see any improvement, I would sure like to get rid of that thing. I did not see any ratio or dose amount for it on the label, if one is to ingest it. Don't want to over do the meds. Anyway a beautiful bright blue sky today with my yellow turning leaves, and cool enough to please me, I don't like the hot part of summer. Trying to take my own advice and get some needed projects done… the cold eventually does show up. Best to all and your birds, RJ
looks like its on sale this week, $19 for 40lbs. it goes on sale for that often and regularly its a couple dollars more or so

Back
Top Bottom