Utah!

Also, I have, hopefully, found a solution to my problem of keeping my chickens while I am so sick. Thanks to all who have messaged me about this!

Hi! My fiance and I are getting married in December and one of the first things we want to do is get chickens. We'll be living in Orem, Utah. So we're probably going to wait and get chicks in April, but do y'all think it would also be possible to get some older girls in December (we'll have a heat lamp and what not for them)? We're not too sure about the availability of chickens / where's the best place to get them in Utah since we are both from out of state :) Any information will be helpful! 

@Cynthia12 is down there by you and has older ones from time to time ;D

Thank you! We will search KSL first. :) I've heard of a couple places close to here (IFA I think was one of them), but we've also heard some awesome success stories of older girls being sold on KSL and we'd love to have those too. Thanks for your reply!!

Photobomb---some of my frizzled/sizzled showgirl and silkie growouts for this year. Lots o fluff ;D

For fun a few of my Sizzles:

Ah! Thank you!! I'm going to start looking around there. I've heard KSL was good, but only from one source so I'm glad more of you recommend it too!

Lisa is right..I am Cynthia..and live in Spanish Fork. What age are you looking for? I will have some chicks hatching here soon..but they would need to be inside for a while. I may not have any laying hens until early spring. I just sold my last girl that I will be selling for a while.
Be careful going to buy your chickens. Don't go into a yard where the chickens are. See if you can take a look from a distance, or have them bring the chickens to you. In case some look sick. Make sure there is no sneezing, coughing, shaking of the heads. You don't want to be around any that could be sick, then go to another place you had in mind. Just a thought. Ask how old they are. If you are wanting eggs for a while, buy a hen under the age of 2. You could still get eggs for a while from a 2 yr. old, but 18 months is ideal if buying an older hen :)

I haven't been in here for a while..maybe you have some nice girls by now. Good luck with your chickens..some of the best critters around! And yaaaay! I have someone else near me that will have chickens close by. :) I bet we will meet some day!

Lisa is right..I am Cynthia..and live in Spanish Fork. What age are you looking for? I will have some chicks hatching here soon..but they would need to be inside for a while. I may not have any laying hens until early spring. I just sold my last girl that I will be selling for a while.
Be careful going to buy your chickens. Don't go into a yard where the chickens are. See if you can take a look from a distance, or have them bring the chickens to you. In case some look sick. Make sure there is no sneezing, coughing, shaking of the heads. You don't want to be around any that could be sick, then go to another place you had in mind. Just a thought. Ask how old they are. If you are wanting eggs for a while, buy a hen under the age of 2. You could still get eggs for a while from a 2 yr. old, but 18 months is ideal if buying an older hen :)

I haven't been in here for a while..maybe you have some nice girls by now. Good luck with your chickens..some of the best critters around! And yaaaay! I have someone else near me that will have chickens close by. :) I bet we will meet some day!
Oh, you are super close! That's nice. We kind of want to start with brand new chicks, but figured we would have to wait until the spring time to get some. If we were able to get some any sooner than April we'd be sooo happy and definitely keep them inside. If you are selling your chicks, we'd definitely be interested. :) We were thinking about starting out with a couple of older hens and then in the spring getting a few chicks, but that's difficult to assimilate them later, so we've kind of scratched that plan too and just seeing what we get. Our aunt & uncle who also live in Orem and have chicks got them delivered from a hatchery outside of Utah, and that also worries me in the colder months!

Thank you for the advice about checking the chickens! That's super helpful, and KSL already is freaky enough to me! Haha. So glad you are close, I bet we will meet too!!

Oh, you are super close! That's nice. We kind of want to start with brand new chicks, but figured we would have to wait until the spring time to get some. If we were able to get some any sooner than April we'd be sooo happy and definitely keep them inside. If you are selling your chicks, we'd definitely be interested. :) We were thinking about starting out with a couple of older hens and then in the spring getting a few chicks, but that's difficult to assimilate them later, so we've kind of scratched that plan too and just seeing what we get. Our aunt & uncle who also live in Orem and have chicks got them delivered from a hatchery outside of Utah, and that also worries me in the colder months! 

Thank you for the advice about checking the chickens! That's super helpful, and KSL already is freaky enough to me! Haha. So glad you are close, I bet we will meet too!! 

Cynthia is one of the best people you will meet ! :thumbsup :cd

Back
Top Bottom