Utah!

I'm still amazed. <3 my chickens. They're great to watch when I'm sitting in my kitchen doing dishes, or sitting in the back yard doing work.

Don't think it's totally worth the cost of the coop and such yet, but definitely worthwhile.

Quote:
Are you looking for a roo, or chicks? I'm in Fillmore and I have an extra roo, and should have some chicks poppin out this week.

The problem with northern and southern Utah get togethers is what do those of us in the middle do? lol

Are you going to have white Silkie Chicks? I would totally be interested
smile.png

Yup we are kinda in the middle here too, I am only about 50 minutes away from Fillmore.

I'm hoping I get silkie chicks! I'm to the point of checking the 'bator obsessively because they're due tomorrow. lol 50 minutes away would put you in the town that is named the same as the school mascot, right? Everything else at the distance is, well, either north or east. lol We'll see what actually hatches. I could arrange for eggs or babies to head your way with my MIL when she passes through again, if you're interested (and you're really where I think you are).

Quote:
Are you going to have white Silkie Chicks? I would totally be interested
smile.png

Yup we are kinda in the middle here too, I am only about 50 minutes away from Fillmore.

I'm hoping I get silkie chicks! I'm to the point of checking the 'bator obsessively because they're due tomorrow. lol 50 minutes away would put you in the town that is named the same as the school mascot, right? Everything else at the distance is, well, either north or east. lol We'll see what actually hatches. I could arrange for eggs or babies to head your way with my MIL when she passes through again, if you're interested (and you're really where I think you are).

Just a little west of that town, I guess I need to decide if I want to go back to a brooder. I have a broody hen raising chicks, do you think she would accept one or two additional chicks?

Ta Da!....

Marty's Micro Chicken farm has produced its first egg!

Albeit a little cracked because I haven't put the foam rubber at the bottom of the roll box yet.
ep.gif

Fantastic! So is this a good time to say we got 2 more today? That makes 5 since Sunday. They were small but put 2 or 3 together....yum.

Thanks...

4 months and 12 days. A little earlier than that 20-22 weeks I was told. But, some may lay later than Mid July too..

It was a smaller egg. Picked up about 11 am. "Don't remember if it was warm" my sweet wife said. I've got foam pads in there now.

More news to follow tomorrow.

Well, we got another one today. Our smallest red sex link has been laying every day at approx. the same time. No noise, no squawking. She just goes up into the nest, lays the egg and then gets up...no big deal to her. Today's egg was significantly bigger than the others...and still warm.

Back
Top Bottom