Utah!

Iluv, I would lend you my still air, but it's not a very reliable one. It's ultra finicky. If you can't find another one, though, you're welcome to try it.

One of our neighbors behind us has got to have geese. DH ad I can hear a weird noise out back at certain times of the evening, and my best guess is a goose. I'm dying to know who has what and how many. Too bad I can't go hopping fences, lol. Does anyone here keep geese?
I kept geese for awhile. Loved them to pieces. I had two African females. You can see them in my profile pic.

Elk now not sure about friday as looks very stormy

Crud! I'm working today but really stormy?! I can't believe that most of my days off have been crappy weather! I'll know my schedule for next wk (starts Sun) tomorrow late, so hopefully we can hook up next wk. Yeah on puppy breath!
celebrate.gif

Elk, I believe this is him!

Wow, my white guy looks nothing like his dad! Comb, wattles, etc! I'll really have to get a pic of him to post. He "sorta" has the body shape of his BCWP mom (no top hat at all) but otherwise looks like an enormous leghorn with fluffly, curly-ish legs (moreso than Herc). Thank you so much for finding pics of Hercules, it makes it all the most interesting!

Genetics are so strange! The statistics of black labs in the shelters when DNA'd, showed that nearly 75% of them had zero lab! I know black is a dominant color in many animals so it's funny my roo ended up w/out a spot of black or color!

Wow, my white guy looks nothing like his dad!  Comb, wattles, etc!  I'll really have to get a pic of him to post.  He "sorta" has the body shape of his BCWP mom (no top hat at all) but otherwise looks like an enormous leghorn with fluffly, curly-ish legs (moreso than Herc).  Thank you so much for finding pics of Hercules, it makes it all the most interesting!

Genetics are so strange!  The statistics of black labs in the shelters when DNA'd, showed that nearly 75% of them had zero lab!  I know black is a dominant color in many animals so it's funny my roo ended up w/out a spot of black or color!

I have been surprised too-- that my white silkies bred with dark daddies are having so many white babies. Weird! I will take them, white is my favorite :love Would love to see a pic of your Polish/Frizz EE mix for sure. I tend to really love the mixes they are so unique.

Rural, how did you like the temperament of the African geese? Did you have them around any other poultry? They are on my list of considerations for "someday".

Rural, how did you like the temperament of the African geese? Did you have them around any other poultry? They are on my list of considerations for "someday".

oc seramas has a pait of africans in her front yard with a turkey a silkie and some Sebastol geese They all get along. When we were visiting we had the dogs in the front yard with them and they were fine. The turkey kept jumping on the chair. It was funny

Lisa, four of the Broody's six eggs were fertile and growing. Two of the sbels were not growing. Not bad for waiting 10 days before setting them. The other seven are in my brinsea mini. :) I'm thinking of taking the brinsea to my friend's third grade class just before lockdown. I think they'd love watching them hatch!

Last edited:
Guess what I have coming in the mail this month. Will be shipped out on the 24th.
big_smile.png

Nope, not eggs! I have some layers coming to take the place of my older girls..these should start laying by Jan..and Feb. I won't be turning eggs. :)

Guess what I have coming in the mail this month. Will be shipped out on the 24th.
big_smile.png

Nope, not eggs! I have some layers coming to take the place of my older girls..these should start laying by Jan..and Feb. I won't be turning eggs. :)
What kind of incubator did you use when you did use them? And can you give me some pointers to ensure a good silkie hatch? I am doing my first ever hatch next week. I have been given alot of advice about how humidity (adding water) works fine,while others say a dry hatch was better for them. Was told to keep humidity btween 20-35 and the temp at 101. You had alot of chicks hatch, so what would you say? Whats your tricks to a good hatch?

Back
Top Bottom