Utah!

Yay! Our first pip! :D

These blasted chickens are driving me crazy. I separated my silkies and cochins so they would have their own little pen to go broody in. I want them to hatch my serama eggs. But nooo they are mad because they are locked up and won't go broody, My larger egg layers I don't want to go broody are going broody. I can't let the bigger girls hatch the eggs as they are just too big for the serama eggs and break them. I did take a chance today when I found my cream legbar hen sitting on 14 eggs. they are still full size but in the smaller size with a lighter body. put a dozen serama eggs under her,
Good luck with the serama eggs. Keep us posted.

My rooster has his collar on, it's working like a charm! And, he's getting about business. Only, I just watched him get a pullet..point of lay. What's he thinking? Never mind. I think I know.
I am pretty sure he has gotten my RSL. He may be getting too busy. Now to think where I can put him so the ladies can have a time out when he really goes after them all. All the time. :/ He sure is pretty. Nice looking EE. Has the blue splash in his neck and tail, red and gold on the body and chest.
Do you have pics? Did I miss them?

I have babies!
jumpy.gif

So far 1 beautiful blue Silkie and a sweet little showgirl that I'm pretty sure is a splash.
I'm still waiting for pips in the other 8 silkie/SG eggs and 3 OE eggs.

Congrats! How is it going now?

My first batch of eggs went into lockdown last night!
big_smile.png
3 silkie/sgs from Lisa, 1 olive egger from Grey Bird that's was rocking and rolling when my daughter and I came back from a weekend trip to Delta last night, and 2 of the shipped Legbar eggs. They were all looking great except maybe that one Legbar which is still veiny but the air cell is taking up more than half of the egg now.

Here's some updated pics of my Chickenstock chicks. My Legbar/Marans cross is looking roostery. Bummer! Love that chick and its crest and feathered legs! And the little one I got that was either a Legbar or a Legbar/Bielefelder, ended up being the latter. Sweet little girl. Does anyone has this cross that can share pics of the eggs she may make?
Good luck with the hatch. I'm curious to see how the half air cell egg turns out. I had some on my first incubation and they did not go well for me. I'm hoping better for you.
fl.gif

Now I need to know...I want to get some metal garbage cans for feed storage, where would be the most inexpensive place to check?
I would check walmart and home dept. Walmart had plastic 32 gallon cans for $10.

Good luck with the hatch. I'm curious to see how the half air cell egg turns out. I had some on my first incubation and they did not go well for me. I'm hoping better for you. 

It started out as a pretty good sized saddled so I've been surprised it's continued for so long. Fingers crossed it goes all the way!

I also have a Silkie egg that somehow cracked and I repaired it with candle wax. It's continued to develop great with a good looking air cell so hopefully that one will make it, too.

Last edited:
It started out as a pretty good sized saddled so I've been surprised it's continued for so long. Fingers crossed it goes all the way!

I also have a Silkie egg that somehow cracked and I repaired it with candle wax. It's continued to develop great with a good looking air cell so hopefully that one will make it, too.
That's fascinating. I had an egg crack early on and I wish I would have tried to save it. If it happens again, I will.

Couple fun pics from my trip to Missouri we just got back from.

Turtle race!

That's fascinating. I had an egg crack early on and I wish I would have tried to save it. If it happens again, I will. Couple fun pics from my trip to Missouri we just got back from. Turtle race!
Fun pictures! I have a brother who lives there. It is beautiful!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom