Utah!

today would be nice! lol I am sooo uncomfortable and tired right now
th.gif
I thought last wednesday was going to be the day, as I was up for 2.5 hours early early morning (2:30 am) with 7 and then 5 min contractions, and then they went back to 15 minutes right as we were thinking maaayyybe we should head to the hospital lol! :p but really nothing since... they have been getting slightly stronger, but nothing consistent since then. and the wind, the wind is crazy here! kicking up a ton of dust... I see some clouds up by provo, and a few over here, but they're moving fast.

I don't know if I posted the silkie pic on here... but here ya go, for those that haven't seen it ;) the beautiful silkie known as 'Tribbles' from Cynthia :)
Great photo! It's been super windy in Lehi. I'm worried what it's doing to my yard at home in Herriman.

Is there a place where you can get a lot of chicken food that is cheaper than the chain stores?
Yes, if you take your own can or barrel you can get 100lbs for $19.96 or something like that at Leland Mills in Spanish Fork. I offer free choice oyster shell and I'm getting good egg production with it.

I did talk to an old timer that will not buy it because it's made in the open and he's worried about wild birds in the barn. But I wonder how you know if what he's buying at purina, IFA, etc doesn't have the same thing?

I'm buying bagged layer crumbles at Tractor Supply in Paradise for 12.99 a bag. It's Dumore which I believe is their house brand. The chooks seem to love it.

There is a mill in Ogden that is a bit cheaper as well that I considered. But I decided the extra $3 per 50 pounds is worth the convenience to me. Plus if I had to drive far I would burn more than that in gas and have to come up with a bulk storage solution. I prefer to let them store it in their temperature controlled stores.

I had switched when they were still on a grower feed because the were making such a mess with the IFA mash and Dumor had a grower crumble. When theY graduated to layer I stayed with the Dumor brand for price. I also like the selection of other supplies and feeds the have at Tractor Supply.

Last edited:
Hello, I'm interested in getting a half dozen golden laced wyandottes, if anyone has any leads on some id appreciate the info thanks

Bleh. Field dressing a turkey is not my preferred way to start a morning, but our tom got way too aggressive and today was the final straw. I'm not going to lie, this is not one of my favorite parts about being a farm wife.

Sorry had to vent where I knew someone would understand. I'll catch up on posts later.

Bleh. Field dressing a turkey is not my preferred way to start a morning, but our tom got way too aggressive and today was the final straw. I'm not going to lie, this is not one of my favorite parts about being a farm wife.

Sorry had to vent where I knew someone would understand. I'll catch up on posts later.

Yucky job, no fun! Hope the dinner he makes helps you forget about the yucky prep :(
I hate it when birds turn mean!

Back
Top Bottom