Utah!

Hello from RJSorensen12
wink.png

I've read BYC for years but am making my first post. I have owned three darling hens for 5 years. A pair of unleashed dogs broke into our coop and killed two of our girls on September 11. We have since increased our chicken security and we're ready to replace Lucy and Spring. I'm looking for a cream legbar, lavender orpington, blue laced red Wyandotte, an Olive Egger, Blue Ameraucauna, a cream brahma, or standard cochin. I prefer newly hatched chicks.

Is anybody ordering from Meyer or know of a reputable local breeder for any of these varieties? I know a lot of these breeds are tricky to come by and am willing to wait until 2017 or 2018 to add the perfect bird.

Also, does anybody have Polish chickens and what has your experience been?

Thanks for your help!

0.jpg

Last edited:
I've read BYC for years but am making my first post.  I have owned three darling hens for 5 years.  A pair of unleashed dogs broke into our coop and killed two of our girls on September 11.   We have since increased our chicken security and we're ready to replace Lucy and Spring.  I'm looking for a cream legbar, lavender orpington, blue laced red Wyandotte, an Olive Egger, Blue Ameraucauna, a cream brahma, or standard cochin.  I prefer newly hatched chicks. 

Is anybody ordering from Meyer or know of a reputable local breeder for any of these varieties?  I know a lot of these breeds are tricky to come by and am willing to wait until 2017 or 2018 to add the perfect bird. 

Also, does anybody have Polish chickens and what has your experience been? 

Thanks for your help!

Welcome! Olive eggers are probably the easiest on that list to find. If you join the Utah/Idaho chicken Facebook group, people are selling straight run olive eggers fairly regularly. I should have some pretty good quality blue ameraucauna chicks for sale by the end of the year, if everything goes according to plan. You should be able to find those breeds, but it may take a bit, which it sounds like you knew already.

Hi Bryson!
frow.gif

That one egg hatched. Blue, with some yellowish around the neck, so maybe a splash, but not seeing anything that looks like that on the wings yet...it is going to be a smooth silkie. Those grown out feathers so far look lavender! What? Really pretty color. There are 4 toes on each foot. It is so tiny. Has to be a girl.
big_smile.png
I've had small silkie babies, but this one is really tiny. So cute.

Brad, glad I go in for regular mammo's. As you were suggesting to folks to stay checked. Just got a phone call from my nurse at our drs. office saying this is regarding your mammogram you had done yesterday..I say, oh oh, already? She says they want me to have an ultra sound done on my right breast. Hoping it's nothing but swollen glands. I was clear last yr. So if anything bad is up, we have caught it early.

Back
Top Bottom