Utah!

Logan up North.

Yeah, that's probably a bit too far, especially considering I am not the one driving. Darn it. If I was the one driving and paying for the gas I would, but I don't think I can convince my mother to drive all the way out there for "just some chicks" (though we know that there is no such thing as just some chicks). If only we lived closer. Thank you though.

I am in taylorsville and I am hatching every week I have a variety of breeds but I sale straight run.I have my first batch of lav orps due on the 12 and I have 2 more batches due latter .I allso have olive eggers and favaconnas(blu/green eggs)I have spangled orps that just hatch last weekend and swidish flower hens.the batches for the next few weeks will be a veriety of orps and OE,fava,and a few bantam cochins

But a drive to Logan is always worth the trip!

Lisa, I've been going to ask, are your F1 olive eggers typically sex-linked or did I luck out? I think I got 2 white olive egger Roos and the blue copper marans roo. But I also got a cute little blue olive egger that is getting to be about 15 weeks old now!

No the only time I get sexlinked is when my Golden Cuckoo Marans Hen is with my FBlueCM Roo, to get sexlinked Marans babies :D None of the OE should be able to be sexlinked ;D

No the only time I get sexlinked is when my Golden Cuckoo Marans Hen is with my FBlueCM Roo, to get sexlinked Marans babies :D None of the OE should be able to be sexlinked ;D

Oh ok. I'm just that lucky then. I'd been hoping I was wrong and one was just a little more roo looking hen, but it looks like they are both Roos.

Oh ok. I'm just that lucky then. I'd been hoping I was wrong and one was just a little more roo looking hen, but it looks like they are both Roos.

I wish I had better news lol! I so hate growing out a b atch of chicks to find out how many roos. Boo. Makes it extra fun when it goes the other way though. If you want anymore chicks let me know, and if I have extra pullets after I grow out breeding stock I will check with you. !

For those of yo no T building your own coops... Do you have a favorite person/place who builds them? Also... What are you feeding your baby chicks at 3 weeks old? Looking for some ideas to add a little variety to their diets :)

I wish I had better news lol! I so hate growing out a b atch of chicks to find out how many roos. Boo. Makes it extra fun when it goes the other way though. If you want anymore chicks let me know, and if I have extra pullets after I grow out breeding stock I will check with you. !

It's all statistics. I'll pull through. One of these days I'll get one the other way with lots of pullets. It's really not that big of a deal, I've got plenty of other egg layers right now. :) and more chicks coming this week/next week.

anyone use vetrx? some of my girls have been sneezing and such. i know its nothing major. it could be dust and stuff like that. but i thought i might give vetrx a try. cant find it locally so i might get it on amazon

Back
Top Bottom