Utah!

Moab utah!
Welcome @Neisa
How are those chicks doing? Have you solved the heating problem? Search for the thread "momma heating pad" It lets them get under or on top of the heat, but still run about in the cooler air when they wanted. Moab is pretty warm all ready I bet.

I'm new to back yard chickens so I'll apologize now if I'm in the wrong spot. I just got 4 chickens and I love them so much I'm wanting to add some ducks to the flock. Does anyone know if or where I could get duck eggs to hatch in Utah? Thanks in advance.

I'm new to back yard chickens so I'll apologize now if I'm in the wrong spot. I just got 4 chickens and I love them so much I'm wanting to add some ducks to the flock. Does anyone know if or where I could get duck eggs to hatch in Utah? Thanks in advance.

You are in the right spot! Welcome to the forum. As far as duck eggs, unfortunately I don't know where you can some. Sorry I'm no help.

Welcome @Neisa

How are those chicks doing? Have you solved the heating problem?   Search for the thread "momma heating pad"  It lets them get under or on top of the heat, but still run about in the cooler air when they wanted. Moab is pretty warm all ready I bet. 

Oh yes! I've found they do better in the moab sun during the day with a heat lamp when it cools down at night :) they are doing awesome and getting bigger and bigger every day!!

@newmarch2014 I dont remember the one in northern utah but Leland Mills in ....what was that? American Fork? IDK i GPS'd it. Anyway, they were great.

as far as non-cold hardy chickens....I've never had chickens till now and do not plan to winter them. Sorry Im no help, just didn't want you to feel your question was ignored.

Im hearing the first clucks (rather than chirps) from my chickadees today. And what I think was a first attempt at a crow. Oh please dont let it be a crow. ;-) Did that pic above look like a rooster to any of you? \
Thanks LadyIsadora, It is Spanish Fork but good information to get me to the right site! Now I just have to figure out the logistics of buying it in bulk. Does anyone else buy from Leland Mills in bulk?

I grew up in Utah and lived there for 50 years. I went on a business trip to Massachusetts and after 2 weeks here I realized they'd legalized adulthood here and told myself I wasn't ever going home. And I didn't.

Back
Top Bottom