Utah!

I'm in Heber. Just moved here from Pleasant Grove a year ago.
Can you have Roosters in Heber? I’m moving to Utah from California and have 2 normal sized hens and 3 bantum silkie Roos. We need to be within an hour of the Salt Lake Airport and could use some suggestions on where to look for housing.

Heber City allowed chickens in 2009, but Rios are prohibited.

I keep mine off site at a local petting farm, and do volunteer work in exchange for the space to put my coop and run. I go daily and take care of all of the farm's 40 or so chickens and ducks, plus the baby chicks in the nursery cages.

I don't know what areas allow roos, but you'll probably have the best luck in more rural or only recently developed areas, I would think. Good luck!

I need an acre or more to build a house on and have more chickens! Right now we are in Clinton and they allow 6 but no roosters!

I know the feeling, but, we are in our last home in our older years. I keep a rooster for a while, until he gets too vocal.

Hey all,

I'm in the salt lake area. I have rescued a mallard duckling from my cat. It's doing great but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a rescue that takes ducks in my area? I did a few searches online but didn't find anything.

If not then I'm just gonna have an adventure raising this duck.

Try ksl...thats where I came across my gal that takes extra chicks, roosters. There may be someone in your area advertising that they take unwanted fowl. Hmmm.. raising a duck is fun from what I hear, it's the little messy thing that isn't fun. :duc

Back
Top Bottom