Utah!

I have recently discovered mille fleur cochins and I am in love. I would be delighted to add some to my flock. Does anybody know where I might find some chicks (standard or bantam) close to Salt Lake? Thanks.

Quote:
JOSHSBANTAMS raises mille cochins. He had some last year that he sold on KSL.com and they were lovely!
love.gif
I believe he's in Bountiful. You should PM him to see if he has some available.

Quote:
JOSHSBANTAMS raises mille cochins. He had some last year that he sold on KSL.com and they were lovely!
love.gif
I believe he's in Bountiful. You should PM him to see if he has some available.

Yes! I asked him about his milles, and he was nice. I think he said he was 5 miles away from Salt Lake. His blog has pictures of very pretty ones.
big_smile.png

Quote:
What did this ad say? It isn't displaying any longer.

It was about a satanic rooster up for grabs.
wink.png

Arrrghhh! Time is being mean, 3 more months til move date. Does anyone have tips on how to survive it?
lol.png

Hello Utah!
woot.gif

Just a reminder that there are still lots of towns and cities right here in Utah up for grabs in the BYC Chicken L.O.R.E. Project!

This is a massive undertaking, and everyone is encouraged to participate! Your knowledge of Chicken L.O.R.E. will earn you GFM Scratch, which are good towards new GFM Memberships, Membership extensions, or Membership gifts.

Remember - you don't have to select a city in Utah - cruise the selection list and choose any city still available!

Get started now! Click on the Chicken L.O.R.E. link above for all the details, and remember your Project Managers are here to help in any way we can.

Good Luck, and Thanx for Joining In!
clap.gif

HI! I'm new and in Salt Lake. Technically I live in East Millcreek but since EM is unincorporated Salt Lake counts too.

I just heard that EM has allowed chicken rasing! I'm so excited. MY DH and I have been discussing it for a year or so now and as of right now I'm just waiting to have enough to get going.

So what kinds of chickens will be best for Utah weather? I also want quiet and easily handled chickens. any thoughts?

CaryAnn

Quote:
Welcome to BYC! I live in south Central Utah...Congrats on getting chickens. I always go with winter hardy and docile. Barred rocks, RIR's, Buff orps.....do your research and I'm sure you'll find some birds that work well for you.

Back
Top Bottom