Vegan And Vegetarian Chat Thread!

Are You A Vegan/Vegetarian For The Animals, Health Reasons Or Other?

• For The Animals

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Health

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Both Health And Animals

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
I find people get grossed out by soy milk, but what's more gross, milk from the udder of an animal who has most likely had multiple infections in that area (there's a small amount of pus allowed in milk because its unavoidable) or a milk that is made from a bean? Easy choice if you ask me, and that's with ethics aside.

I started off eating everything but seafood. And soon after, I sat in front of my aquarium and thought to myself, I can't eat fish either. Then I discovered the truth behind the dairy industry and eliminated all dairy. I use soy creamer for coffee
I agree that the conditions that animals are under that are used for food in despicable. As such I am very aware of where my food comes from.

What about the conditions that the people are under that bring you your coffee, chocolate, and soy/tofu?

There is no easy answer or way to truly ease the suffering that our dietary needs create. I don't think that it is so much 'what' you eat but 'how' you get it. The best soloution is grow it yourself or buy it locally. Just thought I would add another persepective to this interesting discussion!

Because of all the pain and suffering we humans inflicted on other animals and the whole planet, I'm happily taking as good care as possible of the few chickens, game hens, and quail I rescued. I want to give back, right the wrongs, even though I'm only touching a few lives.

Last edited:
I agree that the conditions that animals are under that are used for food in despicable. As such I am very aware of where my food comes from.

What about the conditions that the people are under that bring you your coffee, chocolate, and soy/tofu?

There is no easy answer or way to truly ease the suffering that our dietary needs create. I don't think that it is so much 'what' you eat but 'how' you get it. The best soloution is grow it yourself or buy it locally. Just thought I would add another persepective to this interesting discussion!
Where you get your food from is very important, but that really is not the point. Regardless of how the creature was treated or who raised him/her, we still are ruling them and using them for our own wants. They need rights.

I'm not a vegan or vegetarian, because my parents won't let me, but I AM a Pescatarian! And I think vegans are awesome, so, am I allowed on this thread?

Back
Top Bottom