VEGETARIAN RECIPES NEEDED

janiedoe

Wrangler
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
May 7, 2017
East Texas
My son and daughter-in-law are visiting next week.
They eat vegetarian, but are not vegan.
I'm looking for menus with complete proteins. I have plenty of eggs to work with.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

My son and daughter-in-law are visiting next week.
They eat vegetarian, but are not vegan.
I'm looking for menus with complete proteins. I have plenty of eggs to work with.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
I do not eat that way, but I recommend this article on protein complimentation to get you started thinking about what pairings might find most favor with your family eating habits and preferred ethnicity of cuisine.

I do NOT recommend cauliflower pizza - I find it not at all filling. But assuming cheese is on the menu, quiche and frittatas are both egg heavy easy ovo-vegetarian meals, and quiche has the benefit that it need not be served hot, so you don't have to slave in the kitchen during their visit.

If you are up for doing a bit more work, fried eggs on top of (or eggs poached in) vegan chili, on corn tortillas or even corn chips are pretty good. I think of it as breakfact food, honestly, but "chili nachos" with that creamy, fatty luscious almost set egg yolk ruinning thru is pretty damned good.

I do not eat that way, but I recommend this article on protein complimentation to get you started thinking about what pairings might find most favor with your family eating habits and preferred ethnicity of cuisine.

I do NOT recommend cauliflower pizza - I find it not at all filling. But assuming cheese is on the menu, quiche and frittatas are both egg heavy easy ovo-vegetarian meals, and quiche has the benefit that it need not be served hot, so you don't have to slave in the kitchen during their visit.

If you are up for doing a bit more work, fried eggs on top of (or eggs poached in) vegan chili, on corn tortillas or even corn chips are pretty good. I think of it as breakfact food, honestly, but "chili nachos" with that creamy, fatty luscious almost set egg yolk ruinning thru is pretty damned good
I'm not very up for kitchen duty, but that all sounds great. I do make a pretty good frittata. And I hadn't even thought of that.

Back
Top Bottom