VEGETARIAN RECIPES NEEDED

janiedoe

Wrangler
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
May 7, 2017
East Texas
My son and daughter-in-law are visiting next week.
They eat vegetarian, but are not vegan.
I'm looking for menus with complete proteins. I have plenty of eggs to work with.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

make sure they actually do eat eggs. vegetarians are not all created equal.
Or milk or perhaps fish.
They do eat eggs and milk products.
Could you ask them what they would like you to prepare and perhaps the DIL and/or son to help you in the preparation? I know I'm not much help - meat and potatoes guy here.
They are always very accommodating and helpful guests!
Kind of a shock that my youngest eats vegetarian. He was always a meat & potatoes guy too. The wife is a good influence.

One of my favorite vegetarian recipes is flatbread pizza. I get flatbread at the local supermarket. -brush marinara or pesto on it, place it in a 400 degree oven for about 5-7 minutes to crisp, and remove. Cut up a leek (or onion), bell pepper, tomatoes, zucchini, and mushrooms and saute in a skillet with a tad bit of olive oil, basil, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Arrange the veggies on the crisp flatbreads. Crumble goat cheese or ricotta cheese (if rennet-free cheese is preferred) on top, and place back in the oven until the cheese browns slightly (about 5-7 more minutes). I'm not vegetarian, but I love incorporating veggies and herbs from the garden into easy summer meals.

One of my favorite vegetarian recipes is flatbread pizza. I get flatbread at the local supermarket. -brush marinara or pesto on it, place it in a 400 degree oven for about 5-7 minutes to crisp, and remove. Cut up a leek (or onion), bell pepper, tomatoes, zucchini, and mushrooms and saute in a skillet with a tad bit of olive oil, basil, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Arrange the veggies on the crisp flatbreads. Crumble goat cheese or ricotta cheese (if rennet-free cheese is preferred) on top, and place back in the oven until the cheese browns slightly (about 5-7 more minutes). I'm not vegetarian, but I love incorporating veggies and herbs from the garden into easy summer meals.
Thanks for the ideas y'all!
Pizza is definitely on the menu, as I love vegetable pizza. I hadn't thought of using flatbread for the crust. I will try that for certain.
We are also doing vegetable fajitas, one evening. And maybe cheese enchiladas.

My daughter is vegetarian. One of her favorite meals is cheese enchiladas with a side of rice and beans. The rice and beans make a complete protein but also the corn in the tortillas adds a bit. Or a layered enchilada, lasagne style, with black beans is tasty.

Another one, if you like Indian, is a curry of your choice made with lentils or chick peas instead of meat and any veggies you want to add. Also served with rice. Most of the jarred Indian sauces at the grocery store are decent.

Ah, one more... Impossible burger! You can get the un-meat fresh just like ground beef and use it in any recipe in place of the real deal. They also make frozen patties you can toss on the grill or in a frying pan.

Sheesh... ONE more... You can get chickpea pasta (we like Banza in the orange box - Fry's/Kroger carry it here). Even though regular pasta is vegetarian, chickpea pasta has a lot more protein. It's maybe a bit more dense than the usual but it's good. Top with whatever sauce you like. We use the shells for mac and cheese.

Sorry no actual recipes. We fly by the seat of our pants around here.

Long time vegetarian here. My hubs and son are meat eaters, so I usually just eat whatever they eat and offer the meat on the side.

Mexican and Italian cuisine are easy since they are not vegan. Also, Asian dishes with tofu or egg for protein are easy. I LOOOOVE eggs in purgatory (eggs poached in marinara). I add chickpeas to the sauce for texture. I also find farro salad tasty with all kinds of veggies tossed in and added protein sources. Oh - there are meatless options, too, if they don't mind plant-based things like Gardein or Impossible foods.

Back
Top Bottom