Vent about things not going right

Buster

Back to Work
12 Years
Jan 4, 2008
The Frozen Wasteland of Idaho
This evening on my way home from running errands, I rented a log splitter. I have A LOT of wood to split. DW worked today so when I got it home I got busy splitting wood while my two boys watched. That kept them entertained for about an hour and a half. After I finished the wood in the garage, I went outside to split the rest (I know, I know- I should have split the wood outside first but I guess I got ahead of myself.) So I split about 10 logs outside and the tiny keeper pin that holds the pin that holds the lever that pulls the hydraulic ram back came out and I can't access it without tearing the machine apart, which I am not about to do with a rented piece of equipment. So I am going to take it back to them tomorrow and see if they can make me a deal for next weekend because someone has it reserved for tomorrow. I got the three hour deal on it because the rental shop closed before the three hours was up and so it was half price and I was excited to get it all done tonight. Now I'll have to pay twice because a pin the size of a needle came out. I don't mind that as bad as the fact that I worry about getting this wood split and stacked in my shed before the snow falls. I am not laid off yet and they keep me busy at work from dawn to dusk so there isn't a lot of time to get this kind of thing done.

barnie.gif

Sorry this was so long. Just needed to vent. I hate how something so small can cause such big problems.

high life, would make it. 7&7 maybe, buster sometimes you just got to get mellow to get past it. feel for ya but there's the thought of doing it by hand.

Quote:
LOL that would mean that I'd have to BUY a splitting maul or a wedge and a sledge. No way!
gig.gif

I bought a chain saw and cut all the wood myself but as far as splitting it goes, it's well worth the $20 to not do it by hand.

Back
Top Bottom