Vermont

We're up high, too, but wow, what a mess. I almost left my buff brahma outside, too, because she was out hiding in a bush, soaking wet. That girl is nuts.

Did anyone go into town today? That is probably where you'll see most of the flooding. We just hid. I almost wanted to see what it was like, I'll bet no one was out with all the warnings they had going on.

We're up high, too, but wow, what a mess. I almost left my buff brahma outside, too, because she was out hiding in a bush, soaking wet. That girl is nuts.

Did anyone go into town today? That is probably where you'll see most of the flooding. We just hid. I almost wanted to see what it was like, I'll bet no one was out with all the warnings they had going on.
In my area travel didn't really slow down until after noon, storms usually pass us by. I just saw pictures of the Tunbridge Fairgrounds (I usually go this time of year for the dog show) and they are absolutely flooded. Hopefully it passes soon but the ground was already so waterlogged it might not be as quick as we need it to be.

So crazy. I don't remember a summer with this much rain ever. Maybe a rainy month, but it is not shifting anytime soon according to the weather.

Picture taken from Facebook, the Tunbridge fairgrounds as of this afternoon. The river is usually between the field in the distance and the tree line down a bank.
1689034343100.png

Picture taken from Facebook, the Tunbridge fairgrounds as of this afternoon. The river is usually between the field in the distance and the tree line down a bank.
View attachment 3573047
It’s times like these, I’m glad I just have waterfowl (who are quacking to the tune of “it’s the most wonderful time of the year”).

I’m glad to hear everyone is staying safe. I’m trying to figure out my route to work. My usual route is currently a duck paradise…

I'm in Franklin county, not close to a river. We had rain but not near as much as central and southern parts of the state. My only rain related problem is I now have to pump some water out of the stupid pool, it is up to the top of the skimmer.

Yeah, it is good that a lot of folks in Vermont live in the highlands. Low-lying places looked pretty crazy from the news reports. We can't even drive to our local town since all roads in and out are closed.

I had a random question. This may be a long shot, but does anyone on this thread have young chicks (0-2 weeks old) that they would be willing to sell me? I have two broody Brahma hens. I got three under one, but I was hoping for 1 or 2 more to get under my second one.

I checked craigslist, but nothing seemed like it made sense, and was hoping to avoid needing to find out what to do with the other 4-5 if I get them from a feed store.

There is a good chance it will work if you live in Lamoille, Washington, Orleans, Caledonia, Orange or Essex County. Maybe we can meet in whatever city is closest to you. You can let me know.
Thanks!

I had a random question. This may be a long shot, but does anyone on this thread have young chicks (0-2 weeks old) that they would be willing to sell me? I have two broody Brahma hens. I got three under one, but I was hoping for 1 or 2 more to get under my second one.

I checked craigslist, but nothing seemed like it made sense, and was hoping to avoid needing to find out what to do with the other 4-5 if I get them from a feed store.

There is a good chance it will work if you live in Lamoille, Washington, Orleans, Caledonia, Orange or Essex County. Maybe we can meet in whatever city is closest to you. You can let me know.
Thanks!
None for me, you should check the Vermont Bird Fanciers Club Facebook group there's always people with chicks in there.

Back
Top Bottom