Versions of "chick chairs" PLEASE!

Pics
I would only leave the chick in there for a few hours at a time. They can struggle to get out, and can get hurt, so keep an eye on them. Place food and water close enough to reach. Here are a bunch of homemade chairs and slings:

6612_chick_chair.jpg
d5c2b968713259922930a7ca27c5a288.jpg
0fc3977125679ff97e41196d94cdfb6b.jpg
LL
22744ff00561ebc42bf04d218b7befbf.jpg
ade38aaeeabd94d8a9675babe7b42d0b.jpg

Last edited:
This has to be the first thing I’ve ever seen. I’m wondering how they turn out if you use this when young? I’m also wondering how long per day they stay in it? Only when you let the others run around free range? I wonder because I have a gimpy turkey that steps on his own feet from splay leg when he was a little two week old poult I think. He’s had problems from the start and they’re pets so I cannot bear to cull him.

Some birds will tolerate a chicken sling or chair, while others will try to climb out of them, and can injure themselves. They are for using for shot periods of time, and they need to get out of them periodically to stretch or sleep, or for physical therapy or exercise. Hopefully they are for temporary use, but they can get a chicken ip and out of their droppings. Food and water can be placed in front of them within reach. I think you would would want to supervise being together with other flock members to determine if it is safe to be left in the sling.

Back
Top Bottom