VERY UPSET ...Shipping of chicks through the USPS~

BirdShippers and my good friend both have said that the FedEX has a contract WITH USPS so USPS looked lke they can not do the job that FedEX could. What I do not get why you go to FedEX office to ship lives, they can not take them. Man, talk about LAZY! Or they simply do not want to deal with lives.

Feed the worms to your girls, they need the extra proteins! They will give you eggs in return!
big_smile.png

I think Fed ex and the post office have just recently have started some sort of contract with each other. At least with our post office, it has been just in the last couple of months. I do a lot of shipping and asked them when I noticed a change of forms. The form I used from the post office actually had Fed Ex on it.

Quote:
We have ordered several from Ideal. They have always been here the next day in the past. This year; not so. And NEVER has the AVL distribution called me to let me know they were there. I agree with having and needing a much better system of tracking live animals. If so maybe I could go get my chicks in the winter time, instead of recieving them DOA. We live in Zirconia, as soon as my chicks arrive here my post master is calling me, usually around 8 o'clock in the morning, just to let me know they are there. She knows in advance they are coming. She knows I work until 3:30 and if I'm unable to get off work to get them she will open them up and give them some water for me. She has been known to put them in her office with better heating.
This last time we ordered from Mt. Healthy in Ohio. I got 2 calls, the 1st @ 1:03 am, the 2nd @ 1:41 am to tel me that my chicks were in AVL and that I could come pick them up when the opened @ 8 or they could just send them on to my PO. I live 45 min. from Ashville. They would have been, and were, @ my PO before I could've gotten to the other PO. I am also lucky that my post master LOOOOVVVVES when chick come in. She is always asking when the next ones will be there. Maybe if we had more attentive people like this, the problem wouldn't be as bad.

Back
Top Bottom