Vet says gapeworm, recommends unavailable treatment; options?

So what is the amount I should give her? Thanks!

For 3 lbs, yes? My math is coming up with 0.68cc/mL... but you can round it up to 0.7cc/mL... but double check with Kathy, just to make sure...

Btw, she helped me with deworming my whole flock and they had same symptoms as your girl... I used her dosages and everyone is alive, happy and healthy today... :)

For 3 lbs, yes? My math is coming up with 0.68cc/mL... but you can round it up to 0.7cc/mL... but double check with Kathy, just to make sure...

Btw, she helped me with deworming my whole flock and they had same symptoms as your girl... I used her dosages and everyone is alive, happy and healthy today... :)

God bless you both, Ravyn and Kathy. She is indeed 3 lbs. so I will give her the .7 mL. Thank you!!

Quote: So this is where i am really torn and that's how much I would give, but her vet told her to give 0.03 ml, now they're saying 0.11 ml, but I have no idea why they have advised this amount as neither are in any of the formularies I have.

-Kathy

@RavynFallen , to confirm, that's .7 and NOT .07, correct? The vet had me doing .03 before, if you can believe that. Thanks!

God bless you both, Ravyn and Kathy. She is indeed 3 lbs. so I will give her the .7 mL. Thank you!!

Kathy deserves all the credit, I had just stumbled across your thread and was watching... usually I advise listening to a vet, but my worry is that continual low doses will cause the worms to build immunity to the meds... just wanted to reassure you that I used same higher dosages Kathy advised and it did not harm any of my birds... and I have a LOT of birds, lol...

@RavynFallen
, to confirm, that's .7 and NOT .07, correct? The vet had me doing .03 before, if you can believe that. Thanks!

Yes, that is 0.7cc/mL NOT 0.07cc/mL... dosage for the 10% is 0.5cc/mL per 2.2 lbs, which divides down to ~.23cc/mL per lb of the birds weight... so ×3, is ~.7cc/mL... that add up right for you? :)

Maybe the vet's math was off by a tenth or something, since she was so insistent upon .03. I'm going to give her a .7 dose now. I, too, am afraid the worms will build up immunity if I don't blast 'em.

Back
Top Bottom