Vet suggestion for non-invasive bumblefoot cure

i wonder if one batch of tri-neo could be used for a couple days running? say, could a quart be used for more than one day....? iwonder how long the dry stuff lasts on the shelf.......or does it have to be used up within like a month or so.
20 for one gallon of solution could get pricey if one has to do this regularly. and i bet alot of us could do this regularly, almost like a regular 'maintenance' thing for the flock...........got birds, you got bumble foot, it seems

You can use a diluted solution for 1 - 2 weeks depending on it's degree of contamination. Presoaking feet and cleaning in a separate container (water, saline or epson salt solution) and rinse before immersing the feet in Tricide-Neo extends the solution life. Keep the dry product sealed and dry it will last a long time. You'll use it before it goes bad for the most part. Shelf life is 18 months or to the date on the package.

Last edited:
I am still checking in reading the updates. I am happy that you guys are having positive results
frow.gif

That is really good to know! I think that I'll mix a small batch in a plastic coffee can and use it two or three times. I plan to clean the foot in a very, very, very dilute oxine solution (another amazing product), scrub it with a soft toothbrush before soaking in the tri-neo. I've got my vet wrap! Hot pink! That video was awesome about how to wrap the foot. My DH says that in the human medical field, the vet wrap stuff is uber expensive. I paid 1.99 for a roll. The tri-neo shipped today.
smile.png
I'm excited and hoping this will get rid of this stinking bumblefoot on my best girl.

i'm glad i ask dummy questions!!
i was wondering if oxine itself--soaks--could take care of b-foot......................diluted of course..............
btw, where did you order your vet wrap from for 1.99?

if anyone still on board: tri-neo ordered today. several of our ducks need it. i am going to post pics when i get to use it. lots going on now. also have 20 new ancona ducklings to manage................

Can anybody help me with some kind of shoe pattern for my bumble-footed birds. This vet wrap bandaging is getting spensive because I'm wrapping every night. I have some little round cotton pads that I put next to her foot where it's healing up, but she needs something a little thicker and more protective. Help!

Back
Top Bottom