Victory in court today-update -guilty verdict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
During the court proceedings the judge ran it like a regular civil trial with testimony and cross examination questions. After I testified about what happened, the neighbor wife cross examined and asked me if I understood the trauma and grief I put her through by wanting restitution and taking her and her husband to court. I just looked at the judge and said, "I don't think her grief is nearly as great as the grief that my family and I experienced seeing our dead and dying pets. We raised most of them from eggs. They had names. It was heartbreaking." Then when DDIL took the stand she almost started crying. She wasn't allowed to just tell the story. I had to ask her questions, and she had to answer them. I asked her about the rooster that went to the vet. She was all teary eyed and said she wanted him to live so bad and he didn't make it. I asked if she looked for survivors and what she saw. She looked so upset that I didn't think she could answer. I felt bad for her. She told the judge how it looked and there were feathers everywhere. The poor girl had just moved here from Hawaii shortly before this had happened. She had really taken a liking to the chickens. We consider Missy her chicken. Missy lost all of her tail feathers, but survived. She particulary was taken in by the Silkies. All of the Silkies were killed. The judge didn't show much emotion through most of the proceedings, but she did look like she felt very bad for DDIL.

Wifezilla, I just realized that your avatar bears an unccanny resemblance to my neighbor. That was just how the wife looked in court. How on earth did you get her picture?

That was me hiding in the bushes
big_smile.png

I'm Soo thankful this portion of your journey is over! I hope the Criminial Trial goes as well, I'm sure it will! Keep Positive!
wee.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom