Violetsfeathers Flock

Pics
Dot was sitting on the nest this morning (first time she's been on in morning) and she didn't have any eggs. Not sure what to do now. Let her be broody? Chicks are almost a week old, would they adopt her?

Last edited:

Here try this method:try getting some fake eggs put them under her and then leve them thre for a day or two and then a night when she's sleeping (if you can)take the eggs out and put the chicks under her.it worked for my friend.hope it works for you

Yes I have heard of that method before, she is sitting on fake eggs now. I actually tried it but I didn't want to leave the chicks under her because she might kill it and she is in a place where other chickens can get to her or her chicks could fall out of nest box or they'll be afraid of her and I'm at school all day so I can't monitor them. (Run on sentence :p)

Last edited:
Yes I have heard of that method before, she is sitting on fake eggs now. I actually tried it but I didn't want to leave the chicks under her because she might kill it and she is in a place where other chickens can get to her or her chicks could fall out of nest box or they'll be afraid of her and I'm at school all day so I can't monitor them. (Run on sentence
tongue.png
)
Yeah I have never tried it before but hopefully it works for you are you planning to try it when you get back or just raise them in a brooder?
hide.gif
Sorry, couldn't resist!

Back
Top Bottom