Violetsfeathers Flock

Pics
Oh okay. I suppose the age gap is just too much for her.

Wow Dot is one grumpy hen!

Marshmallow and her family are so pretty! The videos got me really excited because in exactly 1 week my hen Siri will hatch out her 5 chicks!!! I hope its okay to post a picture of her, I know this is your flocks thread. She looks a little angry on the picture but she's not, she isn't aggressive to me at all. However she attacks the cats and ducks with fury!
lol.png

What I like to do when I can't think of a name for a chick is I will pick one of the chicks characteristics (for example follow for my silkie chick because she follows me everywhere) then I will go to google translate and translate the word to different languages until I find something I like and that will be the chicks name. For my silkie I did follow in Bengali and got Kara, so I named her Kara

Oh okay. I suppose the age gap is just too much for her. Wow Dot is one grumpy hen! Marshmallow and her family are so pretty! The videos got me really excited because in exactly 1 week my hen Siri will hatch out her 5 chicks!!! I hope its okay to post a picture of her, I know this is your flocks thread. She looks a little angry on the picture but she's not, she isn't aggressive to me at all. However she attacks the cats and ducks with fury! :lol:
Awww! She is cute, chicks are exciting! I had freinds over on the weekend marshmallows chicks hatched. Marshmallow is the same way, real nice to me but will keep all the chickens under her on the pecking order away, she's pretty high. Also, don't mind her feathers in the videos, I gave her too many baths and her feathers started looking like a silkie. She is almost done molting now so she's pretty again! ETA- you can post pics of your chickens if you like :) just not too many! :D

Last edited:
What I like to do when I can't think of a name for a chick is I will pick one of the chicks characteristics (for example follow for my silkie chick because she follows me everywhere) then I will go to google translate and translate the word to different languages until I find something I like and that will be the chicks name. For my silkie I did follow in Bengali and got Kara, so I named her Kara

That's a neat way, but for this batch I'm trying to name them all berry names... :)

Strawberry, blackberry, raspberry, blueberry, gooseberry, and cranberry

Yah... I already have
Blueberry, Raspberry, Strawberry, Blackberry, Snowberry (made up),and Pineberry. The other berry names I don't really like, except huckleberry, what colors are huckleberries?

ETA- (I looked it up) Oh! They're blue! They look a lot like blueberries! Perfect, cuz I wanted to name it blueberry but my sister stole that name for her blue chick. Oh and pineberries are basically white strawberries, didn't know that either.

Last edited:
I just have to say that she is one of the cutest little hens I've seen in a long time!
love.gif
ep.gif
celebrate.gif
How is it even legal to be so stinkin' adorable?!?!?! That sweet face is begging to be squeezed. If you're not careful, I might come all the way to MN to steal her!
lau.gif

~Alex
Wow thank you! She will be even cuter when she has little chicks under her! But I guess I might have to guard her from thieves!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom