Violetsfeathers Flock

Pics

This is the blue chick that I thought was barred, looks like it's not barred anymore. I know four of the chicks are boys because their combs are pink, this one has a really big comb, starting to wonder if it's a boy, I hope not, it's my favorite one.

Last edited:

A definite boy.

A definite girl

Lavender boy (left) and girl (right)

The one in question. It is the only blue I have that could be a girl. If it's not I'm going to be really sad.

Hmmm.... its difficult to tell! The comb is large, but it's not red. I think comparing it to your other hens I would guess that it is possibly a girl? But don't be surprised if I'm totally wrong too. I hope it turns out to be a girl! Beautiful chicks and flock btw!

Hmmmm...I'm going to have to say cockerel on this one. That comb is quite developed for a little one his age, plus I spy a little pinking up around the base. Next thing to look for in the next few weeks will be the black shoulder patches and saddle feathers that are characteristic of blue roos. He's so handsome!

Edit: Whoops, sorry for posting twice!
roll.png

~Alex

Last edited:
Okay so Muffin, a quail D'Anver bantam lives in a bird cage because the other chickens beat up on her and she's scared of everything. I let her out in her own little pen in the day.

This is what her cage is supposed to look like.

This is what it looked like when I walked in the coop this morning. Dot had jumped on the top and it fell in. It was funny so I had to take pics

Back
Top Bottom