Virginia

Pics
Make the RAIN end!!!!! Anyone else need a canoe to get through the backyard also?
It's gotten so bad that my yard and my gravel drive "squish" about the same!
All the mud has taught our dog a new command, though. As soon as she comes in the back door, we tell her "Shower!" She goes straight into the shower and waits patiently while we rinse her feet and whatever other parts of her all-white body did a slide in the mud. She even lifts each foot individually ... like a horse for the farrier ... as soon as she feels the water stream. The funniest part is the deep "Again?" sigh she lets out as we work. Apparently she prefers the mud!

yippiechickie.gif

I am in VA, Loudoun County.
We are getting our first 30 chickens in May.
I would love to know someone in this area I could pick their brain.

:frowHey Virginians! How's everyone adjusting to this cold weather!? :th
So far, so good here. My waterfowl are getting used to not having the luxury of the full time swimming pools. (My water bill is loving it though!)

We had a couple really cold days, bit other than that it's been typical fall weather around here in the New River Valley.
. welcome!:frow
Not usually THIS cold in VA this early. I born raised in VA and the saying goes " if you don't like the weather give it a day.. it'll change " At least where I live in va we can get all the seasons in a week. Lol. Once we get through this cold snap ( I'm hating my outdoor job right now ) hope you enjoy va. It can be a beautiful state

Loudon County here.
Been raising mixed flocks for the past two years. This year I'm trying something different.

I live and work (this is my second season) on a small farm: 5,500sq ft under intensive veg production, a smattering of perennials, and foraging on the 40 acre property. We provide produce for (our bellies and) a single restaurant - on the same 40 acres.

This year I'm delighted to be investing in Icelandic Chickens. I look forward to utilizing a spiral breeding program to participate in the preservation of this hardy breed. We're also raising Black Australorps (to provide enough eggs for the restaurant while the Icie flock grows), Bourbon Reds and Narragansetts. All of our poultry will be raised in a rotational grazing system with mobile coops & electronetting moved every day or three.

:frowHey Virginians! How's everyone adjusting to this cold weather!? :th
So far, so good here. My waterfowl are getting used to not having the luxury of the full time swimming pools. (My water bill is loving it though!)

We had a couple really cold days, bit other than that it's been typical fall weather around here in the New River Valley.

Back
Top Bottom